1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ayuda con un Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Discusión video digital en español' started by octapalos, Jun 19, 2006.

1. octapalos

octapalos Member

Hola o todos, quisiera saber si me pudieran ayudar ... compre un Hard drive(100GB) para mi HP laptop ... quiero rempplazar el de 40GB .. alguien me podria decir como hacer la tranferencia de toda mi informacion al nuevo disco duro ... o que necesito ?? de antemano mil gracias por su ayuda .....

2. SOCOMII

SOCOMII Regular member

conseguir un caso externo de la impulsión dura y poner en el gancho 40gb para arriba a través del USB y una vez que sea 100gb harddrive hookeed encima de copia todos los datos importantes a la nueva impulsión dura. Buenos suerte y exscuse mi español

3. octapalos

octapalos Member

ok .... thanks for your help ... could you repeat all that in English? ..... I'm sorry ..... what I want to do is tranfer all the info of the 40G HDD to 100G ... I bought an Enclousure for the HDD ... should I put the 100g HDD in the enclousure and then tranfer the data with USB cable from the Laptop to the 100GB HDD and then just install that HDD to the laptop ????

4. SOCOMII

SOCOMII Regular member

well you could do it that way i guess, but this is how i would do it.
    Take out the 40gb
    Put in the 100gb
    insall w/e OS on the 100gb, then hook up the 40gb one to the labtop via the enclosure and transfer all your important files to the new 100gb.

You could also use this but ihave never tried and dont know quite how it works.

[​IMG]

5. octapalos

octapalos Member

ok I have the 40GB in the enclousure, but my laptop wont reconize it .. what should I do? ....

6. SOCOMII

SOCOMII Regular member

are you sure you hooked it up correctly, and if it needs a poswer supply that you got one for it? and all the connections are goodqand that its turned on.

7. octapalos

octapalos Member

yes, it worked when I connected to a desktop .... I don't know !!!

8. SOCOMII

SOCOMII Regular member

is the usb on your labtop 2.0? maybe thats the problem

9. Nero63

Nero63 Guest

@ octapalos

Networking is a good game of mine, but this sharing thing, new to it, so here goes. As an enclosure indicates an external housing for an internal drive, I am guessing that both ends of the connection are [bold]compatable[/bold]. e.g. usb 1 or 2.0 compat. or firewire/1134 compat., or serial port.
    If the laptop doesn't recognize the 40gb hdd with the enclosure, first leads me to belive that the driver for the enclosure may not have been installed correctly. That the drive works in another PC indicates that the drive is functional, thus, on the laptop, uninstall/reinstall, update drivers. Because USB 2 will work with 1.0 obviously at the slower speed,butsince you have already had it in a PC, why not do the tranfer from there. Same method anotaded from SOCOMII.

[bold]edit= typos[/bold]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2006