1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Azureus Help Please!!

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by moosetrak, Jan 25, 2007.

1. moosetrak

moosetrak Member

I am running 10.4.8 on a Mac (obviously) and have been having a lot of trouble getting the green smilies on Azureus.

I read the Azureus Wiki and fixed my router and Azureus configurations according to the instructions, and I did have green smilies for two or three days with really fast downloads. I haven't changed any of the settings since then, but sometimes in the middle of a download the dot on the bottom right hand corner won't say "NAT OK" but will change to the orange/red dot that says "Firewalled". The change is sporadic, it will often change between the two colors during the same download.

I'm only averaging about 5-15kb/s downloads, whereas when the dot was green I was getting 200-400kb/s. So everything is downloading reeeally slowly.

Also, sometimes I will start with a green smiley and my downloads will be really fast, but then about 10-20 minutes in it will turn yellow, and after a while turn back to green, but then the dot will say "Firewalled" and then the smiley will turn yellow. This happens without me even touching the computer, much less the computer settings.

So now my smileys are all stuck on yellow.. which I don't understand because two days ago I was getting all green smileys!

Does anyone have any ideas?

2. Karma50

Karma50 Member

Did you read the "NAT problem" entry in the Wiki? If you have your router setup correctly there is not alot else you can do. 200-400kb/s is crazy fast. If you are getting that kind of speed your are doing alot better than I. But don't expect it always to be that fast.

3. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

the fire wall will pop up if you are using broadband let me explain companys like comcast have firewalls built into there network if your computer exceeds a certain amount of speed on your network connection they will trip the firewall