1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Azureus password

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by ajm007, Jan 15, 2007.

1. ajm007

ajm007 Guest

Hi - I've had the BitTorrent Client azureus for a while now, and I have always had a password protection on it. However, I changed the password sometime before christmas but now I can't remember what I changed it to..
    Is there any way to find out or override this?

Thanks

2. kateman

kateman Regular member

no legal way of doing it.

3. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Of course there is, but it's hidden in the programs files in the azureus folder (or even possibly in the registry, but not likely)
    Have a look at the .ini file, or any config files.. You should be able to find it lurking somewhere. As azureus is written with *nix and java in mind most of the config files are more like plain text..open them with notepad and have a look.
    I don't know where the legal aspect comes into recovering your password for your application... If it all fails, just reinstall it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2007
  4. kateman

kateman Regular member

no janrocks, you are completely right and what ur doing is legal. sorry ajm007, i was thinking of something different :p

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  5. bkf

bkf Guest

Save yourself a bunch of headaches. Just uninstall and reinstall it. After the uninstall make sure you blow away all the left over folders and registry entries.

6. ajm007

ajm007 Guest

Thank you all, you have been most kind =)