1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[b]NEED HELP LOOKING FOR THE RIGHT HDTV FOR ME![/b]

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by darensvt, Apr 1, 2007.

1. darensvt

darensvt Member

I am looking for help to choose the right hdtv. I am new at the hdtv line. I have about 4 to 7 hundred dollars to spend and looking for a tv that is no bigger then a 32". If there is anyone out there that is willing to give me some pointers I would be very greatful for the help. The TV also has to have at least 1 HDMI hook up for my receiver. I have a Denon AVR-2807 which I am pretty sure will convert all of my electronics to HDMI. Once again that you to all who will help me. Have a great week!!

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

If you're going to be using Cox Cable box DVD for HD reception, be warned, that the HDMI connection of my Cox Motorola DVR HD Box does NOT pass audio thru the HDMI connection to the HD TV. That might affect the connection of audio to your amp with HDMI. Get a set with a built in tuner, at least 8ms response time and a high contrast ratio. If buying on line go to the stores (if possible) and at least look at the quality of the pictures on the demo sets before buying on line. If you can get someone to show you what cable will look like so much the better. That way you'll realize what you will be looking at. Not everything is going to be perfect like their demo DVDs. You can probably get better deals with 720p vs. 1080p. The only inputs for 1080p are Blu_ray , HD DVD and PS3. Nothing over the air or thru cable is higher than 1080i. Get some of your choices and post them back here for opionions from others. Don't trust a site's reviews.

3. darensvt

darensvt Member

Thank you very much for the info. I will look around and go to a few different stores and talk with them to find what my options are. Thank you again for the different points you made to me though!!
    Darensvt