1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[b] Problems with Audacity export to mp3 function

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by wannabtec, Dec 22, 2007.

1. wannabtec

wannabtec Member

hi

just wondering if anyone knew how to fix a problem i am incurring using Audacity. when i go to export something as a mp3 everything including the id3 tag works perfectly, but when i go to see the file in windows explorer, it is only under 10kb in size. this file doesn't play on any media player, and i have tried to use the export selection as mp3 option but that doesn't change anything. it can exort as any of the othre two formats fine but i need mp3's to work so i can use it on my mp3 player(doesn't support ogg vorbis).

please help!

2. thon0925

thon0925 Member

This is strange. I would reccomend reinstalling the latest version of Audacity. Also, make sure you have the latest Audacity plugins.

3. wannabtec

wannabtec Member

i have reinstalled audacity and all of the plugins and this does not help. i think it may be a problem with the codecs installed on my computer as media player doesn't work either. i have been searching most big name forums for a solution to this but i am yet to find one that works... media player doesn't let me play avi and many other video files so i have started using winamp. maybe i should do a system restore to its factory settings... this may help. anyone got any ideas on this problem or do you think that i should go ahead with the system restore?