1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

back up a back up

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kocher, Apr 4, 2005.

1. kocher

kocher Regular member

I have been tryin to figure out how to back up some of my back ups because i am changing formats, using nero i try to copy disk, but do i put the back up in the cd writer, and the blank in the dvd writer because it does not have a read selection. only a source and destination drive. what is my source and what is my destination. i know its a newbie q, but i use xcopy and decrypter to back up originals. so unfamiliar with nero.

2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Source (DVD Reader)is your original or copy, destination (DVD writer) is your blank DVD disc.

3. kocher

kocher Regular member

so i need 2 dvd burners. or i just have to put the copy in, then take out after done and put in blank. so confused. condused by the fact that there is no read option.

4. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

I said a Reader, i.e., DVD/CD-ROM and one DVD witer. If you have only one drive (your writer) that will read DVDs then you will have to switch discs back and forth.

5. gamename

gamename Regular member

yeah like bilbo said.the source is the device that is reading, the destination is the device that is going to burn. if both are the same then make sure source and destination are the same. this means you will put it on your hdd then burn.well it seems i can not post right now, but hopefully this will be resolved shortly.