1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back up DVD hangs up

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by FoosJR, Feb 22, 2005.

1. FoosJR

FoosJR Member

I have had great success backing up some of my DVD's but others I have had a problem with, they seem to hang up at certain spots. Some of the ones I have had trouble with are Day After Tomorrow & The Forgotten. I am using TDK disc's with the lates DVD Shrink & Decrypter. Any help would be much appreciated. Should I try a different media? Am I doing something wrong? I am lost and tired of making coasters.

Thanks,
    Jim

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Jim the TDK media should be fine ,make sure you have the most updated verisons of dvd shrink and dvd decrypter some movies your have to run though dvd decrypter first because of the newer encryption out there on some dvds .also you might try running anydvd in the background while your ripping the movie.

3. brobear

brobear Guest

Another possible problem could be the burn speed. How fast did you burn the backups? Also, the quality settings have an effect. Did you use deep analysis and check the quality settings in the backup window?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2005
  4. hursty

hursty Active member

@brobear
    have you lost the forum option drop down menu?
    i have only got announcements

cheers

5. brobear

brobear Guest

Appears to be okay on my PC.

6. hursty

hursty Active member

?
    mine has gone!!!! and the screen is smaller(narrow)

p.s.got my pc upgrade!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2005
  7. brobear

brobear Guest

Strange, wonder if it has to do with the server or your system settings. As I said, everything appears okay here.

You'll have to let me know what you ended up getting.

8. hursty

hursty Active member

it was ok a while ago?
    i just tried reboot,nothing.

9. brobear

brobear Guest

You can check with the webmaster to see if anything is going on. Do you have the same problem with any other forums?

10. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Brobear you have that link for anydvd with the lifetime updates? need it please if you do THANKS need to download it a buy it.

11. hursty

hursty Active member

12. FoosJR

FoosJR Member

Here's a real newbie question, how do I run any dvd in the background? I have and am using the latest dvd decrytper & shrink, do I use any dvd at the same time & if so, how?

Thanks,
    Jim

13. hursty

hursty Active member

hehehe
    you should have alittle fox on your tool bar near the clock
    if you see that....right click.should be set to enable anydvd(tick)

14. FoosJR

FoosJR Member

brobear,
    I have been burning at 4X and I am using deep analysis, also the quality setting on decrypter is "maximum harpness" When I backed up the Forgotten I used Decryter to rip, Shrink to reauther and burned with Decrypter. This might sound like a dumb question, but does Any DVD just simply run automatically in the background? I just downloaded and installed it and it.

Thanks,
    Jim

15. FoosJR

FoosJR Member

Thanks Hursty, just saw your post and it's there just like you said.

Jim

16. brobear

brobear Guest

FoosJR
    Appears you got it figured out. There is a good product description at SlySoft. They can explain things better than most of us, as it is their product. http://www.slysoft.com I select the info page so I can see what encryption settings are on the disc (no longer a default setting). Most settings are default and if allowed to load normally, the program opens and runs automatically at startup. For those not used to the app, that may be the way to go. I have mine set to start on command, I leave it running anytime I'm recording. As mentioned, the red fox is in the Taskbar when it's running.