1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

back-up dvd

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by zunday, Jan 22, 2005.

1. zunday

zunday Member

hello,

how can i make backups of large xbox games (when the iso is larger than a normal 4.7 Gb dvd)? I have read something about DVD+R DL, but i'm not sure my burner supports it, so i'm looking for all the possible solutions. And are the most of the xbox games larger or smaller than a normal dvd?

thanks

Last edited: Jan 22, 2005
  2. Jimbo420

Jimbo420 Guest

You have to burn these large disks to a Dual Layered disk. Or with some games you can remove some of the xbox live stuff and the game will fit on a 4.7G disk. Ive only come across 4 or 5 so far that are bigger than 4.7G.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2005
  3. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Well, there's nothing you can really do about it if you can't burn DL DVDs. If you're experienced you could delete some levels or something of the game, but that could mess things up and make things worse. The best solution is to upload the game to your Xbox HDD via FTP.

4. PG2115

PG2115 Regular member

Or you can try to delete some of the credits. What game is it?

5. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

Sometimes too you can remove tutorial and various language files (ie in the case of ESPN NFL 2k5, ninja gaiden)
    In some cases too you can put the game onto 2 discs (the HUGE 6gb+ rallisport 2 is a good example, but it means youre constantly, in the case of rallisport2, swapping the disc)
    Theres not a WHOLE LOAD of games over 4.7gb, Ive maybe come across 6 or 7, (theres maybe dozen MAX in all, def. no more) when you think of the games available, its a tiny minority.
    Another option if you dont like removing stuff, is to load the whole thing to a bigger hard drive on your xbox. PXHddLoader, DVD2XBOX, Complex tools, XBCOPY, are the most popular applications for game installs.
    All the answers the guys on the board have said so far in this thread are good advice:)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2005
  6. zunday

zunday Member

thanks for the information! So now i have to decide between a larger hdd or a dvd+r dl, both pretty expensive...

7. Jimbo420

Jimbo420 Guest

I'd go with the burner, no matter how big the HD you will eventully fill it up.

8. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Try here.. http://rahszhul.xhce.com/

See if your game is listed, tells you what you can remove and still make the game playable.