1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

back up folder

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by mrcapdown, Mar 10, 2007.

1. mrcapdown

mrcapdown Regular member

right in my computer i have two hard drives what i want to do is mimic my my documents folder to my other hard drive so its a back up so if i put a file in to the my documents folder it automatically makes a copy in the back up my documents folder on the other drive

eny idear how i do that

2. 8chaos

8chaos Regular member

Are you talking about a program like this, or this one from Microsoft? Looks like they will synchronize certain folder/s and make scheduled backups among other things.

You might consider setting up RAID1 with your hard drives, but that will mirror everything...not sure what your application is...

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  3. mrcapdown

mrcapdown Regular member

no ive not got a program yet u want to find one but i dont want to clone the whole disc just the my documents folder on to the other disc
    thanx

4. 8chaos

8chaos Regular member

You might want to give Microsoft's SyncToy a try. If I understand correctly, it does exactly what you are describing. Synchronizing certain directories right? Here is an article describing more about the product.