back up games on stock HDD

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by juggalo15, Sep 2, 2005.

1. juggalo15

juggalo15 Member

hey new 2 the forum and modding, i am in the process of softmodding my xbox.. but my question is since the xbox stock HDD is small i can atleast backup one game 2 the hardrive? and i have read the steps to it.. but it says copy them to the F:\ drive but i also read if i didnt install a bigger HDD i wouldnt have a F: drive so would i just create the games folder on the C:\??

I understand everything else pretty well. thanks

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You would insatll the game on the E drive

also if you decide to upgarde to a bigger hard drive here is a good link to help you do it. I used the guide to insatll a 300gig drive and it works great.

http://xbox.freeserverhost.net/hd.htm

Last edited: Sep 2, 2005
  3. juggalo15

juggalo15 Member

thanks

so it would look lke E:\Games

then just make a new folder for each game under that directory right?

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

what softmod did you insatll? If you look under aplications when your new dashboard loads there should be a program called DVD2Xbox start that program and then it will give you the option to save it to the E:games folder then the program will copy it to the E:games folder it will make the game folder itself. the thing is watch how many games you put on the stock drive. If you put to much on it could corrupt your harddrive trying to copy more information that it can suport.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2005
  5. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Depending on the exact game you're trying to put on, you probably won't be able to install more than 5 or 6. But that's me assuming the game would be small sizes like Virtual Pool Tournament Edition, Rapala Pro Fishing, & Finding Nemo (for example) each one of those game are under 800MB in size. There is a way you can free up some extra space on the hdd:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/222553
    Good Luck!!

6. juggalo15

juggalo15 Member

ok .. well i think ill just stick to transfering them over 2 the pc and making a backup of the game then.

Thanks for all the help

7. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Or you could mod a larger hdd for your system. Nowadays you can get a decent size real cheap and FREE help within the forum to get you modded.