1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

back up hd dvd's

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by shamoo82, Nov 19, 2007.

1. shamoo82

shamoo82 Regular member

please forgive me i have read loads of threads on this and it seems, well confusing. 1st off i love things done simple, for example, when i backed up dvd's i was using shrink,decrypter,any dvd, fab dvd and so on to try and get the best picture, even after asking is there a way i can just do a direct copy, it still came back with all these different methods until i found out that having a duel layer i can use just decrypter to read the disk then write onto a double layer disk and i have a 100% dvd. so my question is pretty similar to the one i asked for backing up dvd's. 1st off i need a hd-dvd drive that can write hd-dvd's which i can get.
    secondly is there BLANK hd-dvd's? if there is where can u buy them from. and thirdly the big one, is there a program where i can just rip the hd-dvd then burn it straight onto a hd-dvd so its a direct copy including menu's , extras ect ect.
    if not whats the best way without loosing any picture quality, taken into mind i'm a novice hence why i like it simple lol.
    thanks everyone i know u must get this a lot.

2. shamoo82

shamoo82 Regular member

ok after looking can anyone recommend a good hd/dvd/drive/burner and is there such a thing of a hd/duel-layer/dvd/drive/burner?

3. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

google is your friend search and you will find, the cost of the said things that you are wanting at this time are not cost savy right now.

4. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

I've been looking into the same thing and have found 2 Toshiba's SD-H903A
    and SD-H802A.
    I don't see anywhere where they are for sale and the only news of them came out in January of this year and now nothing. I've found single layer HD Dvd-r discs from anywhere from 13-25 dollars a peice. Not too cost friendly at this time but I'm sure the cost will go down. Haven't seen any dual layer HD dvd discs though.

5. shamoo82

shamoo82 Regular member

6. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  7. shamoo82

shamoo82 Regular member

just click on the blue link under the image, either for hd or dl hd

8. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

Looks like the discs are available but where are the drives?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  9. dworks

dworks Member

I would like to know if it's possible to back up an HD-DVD or Blu-ray disc to a DVD dual layer disc. I don't have the hardware to do it, but I'd like to find out if it's even an option to compress that much data with an acceptable loss of quality.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  10. dshah101

dshah101 Member

where can i get an hd-dvd burner for my computer

11. ofield

ofield Regular member

Hi,
    What is the purpose of having the software, the media which rima.com
    and supermedia sell as well if you can't get it on the disk. Nobody seems too be answering this question......

12. shamoo82

shamoo82 Regular member

double layer disk are 8.5gb i have transformers on 1080p and the movie alone is over 10gb just the movie no extras or menus so you prob can shrink it and make it fit with some programs but then that defeats the object on hd, better off getting just dvd.

13. cl1986

cl1986 Member

wow this site really sucks when your trying to find something.....ive read over 40 or so posts and no one gives the answer to how to rip a hd dvd and shrink to dvd9

do you use the normal shrink? the normal dvdfab hd 4 decryptor? any old hd dvd drive?

why doesnt anyone just answer the damn posts? just says to google or read the other posts.....well ive read over 40 posts just about doing this and so far no answer.....no wonder people keep posting on how to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION so when someone does a search they will eventually find the answer instead of "Do a search" and 40 posts get read and no answer provided.

QUIT KEEPING US IN THE DARK ALREADY!!

14. cl1986

cl1986 Member

OH!!!! and posting links to disks and stuff thats in yen or uk dollars....are u kidding me!!!

Does anything exist in the US? Ive done research on pricewatch which ususally has all the lastest stuff with no dice.

Posting that i can buy disks in Japan and have $100 shipping doesnt do us any good.......

15. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

I don't think there is any software out there that does a straight conversion of HDdvd to dvd or even software like dvd shrink that will cut out the xtra's and shrink down to fit on a dvd9.

16. cl1986

cl1986 Member

well at least thats an answer....... i guess......