1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back-up PAL Region 2 to NTSC Region 0

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by PS2Mike77, Mar 4, 2005.

1. PS2Mike77

PS2Mike77 Member

Greetings,

I apologise if this has been asked before but I searched all over and couldn't find this, and have questions specific to this process regarding my DVD-Rom drive and my DVDRW.

Copy protection aside, I am in the US and recently purchased DVD's that are PAL Region 2, as these were the only available for these titles. Worldwide. My first question is:

1. I just read some Sony DVD Burners/Players are specifically set to block playback of PAL DVD's under some circumstances. Should I expect a problem? I have a [bold] Lite-ON HD-166S DVD-Rom and an NEC ND-1300A DVDRW [/bold] , will I be able to even play the PAL format DVD's on these drives (region code aside), let alone burn them?

and

2. [bold] My goal is to be able to play these discs on my US Region 1 NTSC DVD Player. [/bold] What programs should I use to go about copying them, converting them to NTSC and removing the Region code?

finally

3. (This may be answered in the answer to 2) When I burn, say, some .avi or .mpeg files into a DVD what Region are these discs? The Region that the burner is set to? I have never noticed an option to set the region output of my DVD when burning using my software.

I have Nero 6 Ultra Edition with Nero Vision Express 3, as well as InterVideo DVD Copy, and DVD Decrypter.

Sorry if this was long-winded, just wanted to make sure I covered exactly what I am hoping for.

Thanks,
    Mike.

2. PS2Mike77

PS2Mike77 Member

All that and I wasn't clear about #2. My goal is to be able to play the Back-Ups I would make on my home theater DVD Player, (not my PC)

Mike

3. PS2Mike77

PS2Mike77 Member

No one has any advice?

4. PS2Mike77

PS2Mike77 Member

Am I posting in the wrong thread?

5. codymax

codymax Member

This is What i've been useing and have'nt had any problems yet.
    Any DVD and DVD43 working in the background.
    Use Dvd shrink and Burn with Dvd Decrypter.
    All except Any Dvd are available for FREE from afterdawn.
    Good luck and happy burning