1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back up Programs & wipe Hard Drive

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by mastaprk, Apr 28, 2004.

1. mastaprk

mastaprk Regular member

Okay, I am currently having some issues w/ my video card (works fine on my other PC) and PC will crash every now and again. It's been a long time since I wiped it clean. I usually just back up documents and then reformat hard drive and then reinstall other software. I have obtained some software that is no longer available, so is there a way to just back up select programs? Ideally, I did not want to back up all of my programs and all of the drivers, especially drivers b/c I think I am having some system problems from some of the drivers. Also, I would like to know the easiest way to back up Outlook. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

2. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

Ok
    Basically, if they are DOS programs, yes you can back them up, if they arn't DOS, no you cant.
    Outlook or Outlook Express.... From memory they will be in Outlook Express C:\Documents and Settings\UR_USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{NUMBERS AND LETTERS}\Microsoft\Outlook Express for Outlook C:\Documents and Settings\UR_USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook, thats from memory. Dont forget to backup My Documents, Emails, Favourites, Address Book and any other saved data you have.

Regards
    CoZZa

3. bird1234

bird1234 Member

Regarding Outlook, click File->Import&Export...->export to file->Personal Folder File(.pst).

Make sure that Personal Folders at the top is highlighted and the box below marked "include subfolder" is checked

Select a location to where to put it. I think you can figure out the rest.

As far as the programs go, unless you have the install software for programs, i think your SOL. The drivers for you hardware should all be available online.
    Hope this helps