1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backed up games not loading

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by bedlam, Jun 11, 2003.

1. bedlam

bedlam Guest

Help - I have a xbox with a matrix chip. I am burning games using Nero, Toshiba burner and Memorex DVD-r Media. I have already burned Splinter Cell and Halo using these specs. They are both working perfectly. My last two burns - Ghost Recon and Dead2Rights burns successfully, but when I put them into my Xbox it won't get beyond the Big X and the Microsoft at the bottom. It freezes up there. Any ideas??

2. ModMaster

ModMaster Member

What speed did you burn at and what discs are you using? Personally I have troubles if I burn faster than 2X and even then sometimes I get intermittent booting (rarely though). Make sure the disc is spotless and maybe try another brand of disc if you keep getting problems.

3. bedlam

bedlam Guest

Hey thanks for your response. I am burning at 2x - My Ghost Recon original is pretty scratched up, but my Dead2Rights was clean. I thought maybe a unchecked one of the boxes in my Nero that would make the disc do this, but I have Write checked and Finalize CD checked. I have tried burning these on TDK, Memorex and OptoDisks. Any other disk you could recommend?

4. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

i have great luck with Princo and DVDpro. i have both those games but haven't made backups yet, i'll try to do them before the weekend and let you know what i find out. are you patching the xbe's? it could be the way the iso is made also, i've had times where one program would make a perfect working iso of a game and other times it wouldn't, but if i used a different program to make the iso it worked fine. the PS2's are like that, maybe the xbox is picky about some stuff too (i've had great luck with all my backups so i cant say for sure).

5. bedlam

bedlam Guest

hey that is a great idea I will try to use a different iso making program tonight and see if it works. Oh I am not patching the xbe's. Not quite sure how to do that - I will have to research that one.

Thanks -

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2003
  6. darthnip

if you use craxtion there is a spiffy little patcher in the tools menu - works great. also works great for making ISO's and multi-game discs.

7. fooqua

fooqua Member

Hi, I think I might be asking a question that might have been asked before, but the more I search for an answer the more conflicting information I get so please bare with me.

First off I have a Matrix modchip installed in my XBOX and I am trying to backup my copy of "Project Gotham Racing". I am using FlashFXP as my ftp client, xISO to make the ISO image and Nero to burn the DVD (I burn at the maximum speed allowed - I have not encountered any errors). The media I am using is Sony DVD+RW and my Drive is a Sony DVD+RW DRUxxxx.

When I put the backup into the XBOX, my XBOX does not recognize it.

When I attempt to find out what went wrong, that is where I get conflicting information. Below are some of the information I have encountered:
    # Only use DVD-R/-RW media
    # Only use -R/+R media, xbox drive does not recognize RW media
    # default.xbe needs patching
    # Burn at lower speeds.
    # Use a different ISO maker / use different DVD brand of disk.

Can anyone help? If anyone knows which of the above is just not true that would be of great help. Thank you.

8. MaxBern

MaxBern Guest

I have project gotham racing burned on a DVD+R and it works fine. However, my XBOX has difficulty reading DVD+RW's. It will read them but sometimes it takes me several tries rebooting again and again and again and O.K. It worked. So I only use the RW's to make sure it's a good back up then I reburn the iso to an R.

9. Dank

Dank Regular member

I have backed up over 70 games and only use +R media.. Memorex Brand with a Sony DRU-500a and have really never had any problems once i quit using xISO..

10. fooqua

fooqua Member

Thank you, it is good to know that it works with +R/+RW media. I really hated the thought that I might have to go out and buy a DVD-R/-RW drive.

If I may ask, which ISO maker did you switch to?_X_X_X_X_X_[small]fooqua@hotmail.com[/small]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2003
  11. darthnip

i had crappy luck with xISO too, so i switch to craxtion and have had great luck ever since. it also has a nice xbe patcher built in.

12. bedlam

bedlam Guest

Hey all - Just a note to let you know your advice helped - THANKS A TON!! I downloaded Craxtion and it worked great. It is definately the better ISO creator.

13. darthnip

yeah i found craxtion to be a much better program - try the multigame disc feature too, pretty cool and saves discs.

14. dmklap

dmklap Member

I don't understand why people find it necessary to make a iso out of the data files that where ftp over from your xbox to your computer before burning it onto a dvd. All you need to do is use RecordNow burning software, click on Make a data disc and select all the files from the game you want to burn and then click burn. My back up copies ALWAYS work perfectly using this method. Another advantage of using this method is that the backup disc will be able to be read by your PC. So, if for some reason you would need another copy of the game you would just have to insert the backup copy into your dvd drive and copy all the files and folders from the dvd into a folder on your hard drive and then burn again.