1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

background picture for DVD Author 1.6

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by xRichManx, Aug 14, 2004.

1. xRichManx

xRichManx Member

I was thinking about making a custom background picture for my DVD menu in DVD Author 1.6, before I do that, i'd like to know what's the recommeneded size the picture should be (i'm sure that if my picture is too big, then it will be shrinked, and if it's too small it will be enlarged). Help!

2. john179

john179 Active member

Normally your dvd authoring software will sort the size of your background out for you.I save all sorts of pictues as backgrounds.You can use say a wedding photo as a background for your wedding dvd and so on.
    Its all trial and error and the more you use your dvd authoring software the better you become.
    John179

3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Yep, trial and error is a good way to find out. I use a bunch of different apps and some will resize, others won't. I try to be aware of the video format I'm working with and then size the picture to that. 720x480 or a derivative of that. You can generally tell when you first install it, so make a simple one first, try it and see if you like it. If it's the size of a postage stamp, you have a bit more work to do.

One thing to be aware of is the TV safe area. The picture you see on your monitor or a program preview window is bigger than what you see on your TV. I made a little "insert disc 2" clip to tack onto the end of a movie I had split. On the TV it said "nsert disc". I made the title effect too dang big.

Hi John, I like your new "The Mask" pix!

4. xRichManx

xRichManx Member

I c, thanks for the help (both of ya)

5. john179

john179 Active member

Thanks

John