1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing old hard drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by bonddong, Mar 9, 2005.

1. bonddong

bonddong Member

When installing a new hard drive do I have to back up my old hard drive because I don't have any games on my old hard drive and cant I just use auto installer deluxe to put the microsoft dashboard no the new hard drive.

2. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

First you need a hacked-bios installed modchip.

Before using slayers evox auto-installer it would be a good idea to backup all the files from your original xbox harddrive just in case something goes wrong. If it does, then you can FTP the files back to the drive. Without the backup files if something goes wrong then there's no chance of getting your xbox working again.

3. bonddong

bonddong Member

I have a mod chip and it is flashed with X2-4983 I can just keep my old drive just in case i need it so do i need to back it up.

4. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

if you are takeing your old drive out and puting a new one in just keep the old one in a safe place so if something goes wrong you can put it back in. if not the just get the modchip installed like normal, and when you go to flash your bios through ftp (which is alot easier then flashing it over a boot up cd) just copy all the stuff on your c: and e: drive in your xbox to a folder in your pc. if something goes wrong you can just past those files back onto your drive and still have a xbox that will work. and you can start over again.

5. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

i was asking the same thing like 2 weeks ago. lol but after you do it once or after you see or hear how its done in a way that you can understand its really easy. im not sure if you will get what im saying but i hope i was at least some help to you. well im going to go and read some other fourms for now.
    Later,
    pacman33

6. bonddong

bonddong Member

thanks for your help.