1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing Up 7.13 GB Foreign Movie with Nero

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Govtman, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Govtman

Govtman Member

My mission: Backup foreign movie and keep English Subtitles. The movie is 7.13 GB and is called a DVD E 1222. It is a 2 layer, version 1, file ISO9660, UDF, with a NTSC 4:3 (MPEG 2, 720X480) and listed as 76 minutes. But on my DVD movie box it says the movie is 2 hrs and 22 mins! I guess there are so many ads on this DVD. I will be using a Pengo 8.5 GB DVD+R Double Layer. Last night there were errors on a previous attempt using this blank DVD. I also tried using NERO Encode and placed the movie successfully on a 4.7 GB DVD+R but for some reason, the English subtitles were not successfully transferred. I am using NERO 7 Premium. Can someone walk me through this. I don't need any of the advertisements, but I need the main movie and the English subtitles. Does anyone a quick guide on how to do this?

Thank you all.

2. unolord

unolord Regular member

If you're going to burn a DL disc I'd suggest u get Verbatim if possible first. I'm not familiar with Pengo but the only successful DL burns I've had were with Verbatim and Fuji discs.

If u can't get Verbatim then what you should do is rip the movie to ISO using DVD Decrypter (and Anydvd if u have it/need it) and them burn the image with IMGBurn.

When u used Nero Recode did u make sure the english subtitles were selected? Did u select main movie only before u start the recode process?

3. Govtman

Govtman Member

unolord, thank you for your help. I went ahead and used NERO DECODE and selected 8.5GB DL as the target. It was simple to do and the disc came out perfect. So, it seems I did not require any additional software other than NERO. It's a great program.