1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing up a back up

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by markdav1s, Mar 21, 2005.

1. markdav1s

markdav1s Guest

is there something i can use othe than dvddecrypter to backup an already backed up dvd(not original) as i keep getting read errors

2. keras

keras Regular member

try using dvd decrypter in ISO mode to rip instead of FILE mode.

MODE>ISO>READ

Then burn the dvd with

MODE>ISO>WRITE (select the file you just ripped)

3. markdav1s

markdav1s Guest

ok thanks ill give it a go

4. kenneth1

kenneth1 Regular member

You can use Nero or sonic Record now or just about any other burning programs to make a copy of a copy

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

If your getting read errors with Decrypter in file mode though I would say you have a problem with your original copied movies and you arent going to have much luck any other way you try to do it. Just make sure you clean the disks really good first.

Decrypter in file mode is probablly the surest way of ripping your files to the HD..

6. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

File Mode VS ISO Mode:

Other than making an ISO, there should not be any other differences, right ?

Software doesn't do anything different does it !

I prefer ISO so I only deal with 1 file, not lots of files per movies.

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

ISO is putting a little more strain on your system. Just think about it you are making Decrypter create an ISO so it is actually doing a little more work (common sense) Now the difference isn't all that great you can check it out your self just do a movie in ISO mode and then hit <ctrl> <alt> <del> and you will see how much resources your PC is using. Then do the same with the same movies in file mode. To suggest to someone that they wouldn't have the problem if they did there rip in ISO mode rather than file mode is just a false statement. :)

8. keras

keras Regular member

I'm just saying that this has worked for me in the past for movies that I had problems ripping in file mode. I got lots of errors copying resident evil 2 and a couple others. Switched to iso mode and they ripped fine. I wouldn't say it's a false statement if it actually works.

9. keras

keras Regular member

Oh, just to reiterate. I use File mode 98% of the time also...I was just trying to help this guy with something that worked for me.

10. markdav1s

markdav1s Guest

Thanks every one for thier help but was just wandering if there was any way you could back up a disc if there is read errors on it as i have baught resident evil 2 and tried backing it up strait away but had read errors what if you used a disc cleaner would that work