1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up a backup DVD help please!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dgessler, Aug 18, 2003.

1. dgessler

dgessler Member

I used to use Nero 5.5 to backup my already backed up DVD's. Now, for some reason it won't let me, saying I need to insert the original source.

Are there any other tools to do this?

Thanks!
    Dan Gessler

2. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Thats odd, a quick solution that will take longer would be to copy the files to your hard drive and then burn (as if new) to a DVD. Copy the files to a folder on C drive and pull out of their in Nero. That should work, did you recently upgrade to Nero 6?

3. dgessler

dgessler Member

I didn't upgrade until later last night, but still it's not working with 6? It copies fine, but when I put in the burned DVD the movie can't play, the nero quickstart pops up on my computer.

Was there some specific settings I need on nero to burn a burned DVD?

Thanks,
    Dan

4. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I haven't used Nero6 yet, but are you coping the Folders over and burning. Or are you using the wizard selecting DVD video and moving the files in the Video folder copied to the Video folder that Nero gives you? I haven't used Nero6 yet, but I am assuming it should still have some of the same features. With Nero 5.5.10.20 I haven't had any problems using the DVD video wizard. I think they may be some additional information on this Nero User guide
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/42715

5. dgessler

dgessler Member

Thanks for the link prisoner, I'm sure Ill find that guide useful.

But does anyone know why, when I burn an already copied DVD with Nero, the DVD doesn't play? I pop the newly burned DVD into my trey and it pops up the Nero burning quickstart application. Maybe there is a setting I need to treak to make it burnable to DVD players? Weird..

Dan