1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing up a compressed backup

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by motown35, Oct 20, 2003.

1. motown35

motown35 Guest

any software out there where you can backup one of your compressed backups?I have dvd x copy and it wont let me i cant get nero or dvd decrypter to work either Thanks

2. Bodene

Bodene Regular member

I recently did a backup of a compressed backup of Matrix 2 (a fairly lenthy movie) with Nero, using the disc to disc copy function. The original backup had been ripped with dvd decrypter, and compressed with DVD2One, then burnt with Nero6.

Seems to me that Nero shouldn't give a shit whether or not the VOB's it's copying are compressed. VOB's are VOB's. DVD Decrypter should rip it, even if it's a copy. Can you give more info? There must be somethin yer missing or not mentioning.

3. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Yes just use Nero 'on the fly' copy option. I never have any problems with it.

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Should it? Why should it do that? You have to remember that DVD Decrypter is there to decrypt the CSS encryption used on DVD Video. Youa re not trying to copy a DVD Video, you are trying to copy a DVD R (irrelevant that it contains video). Therefore, you do not use DVD Decrypter (unless using Copy ISO Mode) since it is a non-encrytped disc. You simply put the disc in your drive and right click --> Explore --> copy and paste the VIDEO_TS folder nad reburn it.

You could also use the 'On the fly' option, but i dont like to :-D

5. intpimp

intpimp Guest

I use record now dx to make a copy of my backup. also i use the global image on record now dx to save the backup on my harddrive

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

maybe you guys missed it, he use dvdxcopy to make the backup. hes got to get around all the bullshit it puts on the disc so you cant copy a copy.

7. motown35

motown35 Guest

Yes i can nero works perfect i just sent the video ts files to a folder then used nero express to burn them.Thanks for the help

8. Bodene

Bodene Regular member

Oriphus, u rock man....I totally missed the *decrypt* detail. I stand corrected.

The copy disk function still puzzles me tho. Is it possible that *Nero Express* is the reason the copy function didn't work? My Nero 6 copied a backup just fine, so it seems his shoulda done the same.

9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Not a problem Bodene, just trying to be helpful :-D

A lot of people make that mistake when trying to copy a copy, you are certainly by no means the only one ;-D

10. Bodene

Bodene Regular member

Oriphus...This may sound kinda cheezy, but I truly hope that the people who read these forums actually grasp how experienced and knowledgable you are about this stuff. I appreciate your time and patience in teaching us about what you've likely dumped a lot of cash into, while discovering how all this sheeit works.