1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up a DVD - Firehouse Dog

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by 4thand1, Aug 13, 2007.

1. 4thand1

4thand1 Member

I have tried a couple times, to backup Firehouse Dog. Both times I received VOB errors. One time it was VOB_06_1 and the next time it was VOB_02_02 or something similar.

I am new at this, and after repurchasing multiple movies have found the light (2 kids and a dog that all like to destroy movies).

Can anyone please advise on this issue. I suspect that this will occur in many more cases, but different movies, so I will gladly pass on the help to the next newbie.

Much thx in advance.

T-3 weeks to kickoff!!! GO BOLTS

Tom

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Hello.

You probably need to tell everyone what programs you're using for the backup and when you received the vob errors. Are you using DVDFab Decrypter, AnyDVD, DVD Shrink, Nero Recode, etc.?

3. 4thand1

4thand1 Member

well, after much trial and error on my part, and after reading some similar issues with other movies, I was successful. For some reason, DVD43 and Nero Recode would not work. What ended up working was first using dvd43, closing the program, opening dvd decryptor, and then writing with nero recode.

As I am finding, some programs are successful for most movies (for me dvd43 and nero), however, some are more stubborn. For those, I have used a combination of dvd shrink, dvd x copy platinum, and dvd43.

This is very addicting and much like a good game. The more difficult, the more fun it gets!

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

well you certainly have your hands full, and if you like difficulty and take forever programs then keep using DVD43! that program is not the best for taking out encryptions on DVDs! It's an AnyDVD want-a-be! It's hardly updated and it does conflict with other programs. DVDXCopy is another program that is not updated anymore and has difficulty with newer movies that come out with newer encryptions that it can't handle. DVDDecrypter is great..... but not updated anymore..... try DVDFab HD Decrypter..... it's free and updated often, found here:
    http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm this program will rip the new DVDs to your hard drive and then you can use Nero Recode! enjoy.... welcome to afterdawn