1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing up a dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by clemo, Feb 23, 2005.

1. clemo

clemo Member

hello there

ive been backing my own dvds up for a fair while now but ive ran into a problem with one of my films called resident evil apocalypse when i insert the dvd in my drive and load up dvd shrink and dvd43 it keeps coming up with " dvd has incurred a problem " , " invalid dvd navigation structure " now what is this ? what is the problem , why wont it let me back it up, is it anything to do with this new red coloured disks they are using on new films ? anyway if you could help this would be great

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Use the search feature at the page top and type in Resident Evil. You will get many hits about the new encryption being used and how to overcome it.

Jerry

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Neither of those programs will crack the encryption on that movie. You need to use DVD Decrypter to rip the movie to the hard drive first or you can use AnyDVD with shrink instead of dvd43..

Last edited: Feb 23, 2005
  4. Bigfatboy

Bigfatboy Regular member

dvd43 3.5.2 will work on re2, this is straight from the site dvd43.com

WHAT's IN THE LATEST VERSION:
    Version 3.5.2 now removes bad sectors that were purposely put on new DVDs to prevent copying. Movies like 'Resident Evil', 'Little Black Book', 'The Grudge', and 'The Forgotten' are protected with bad sectors.

peace

Last edited: Feb 23, 2005