1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing up backups ????

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jaimeb, Oct 12, 2004.

1. jaimeb

jaimeb Member

Im using shrink ,and nero ,im trying to back up a back up,for my son!! but it doesnt even work when I try to copy any suggestions !!!

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Most backups of a backup can be done just using Nero. It is called a diskcopy. Nero will make an image of the DVD and then copy that image to a new DVD

3. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Computer error. I edited the Double post

Last edited: Oct 12, 2004
  4. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... I've had excellent success making backups of my backups (and discs created on my set top recorder), using DVD Decrypter ...

... Victor Katz .. the original catfreak ...

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi jaimeb,

catfreak is speaking about this -

Now here's the "Uncle" ScubaPete's, can't miss, step-by-step guide to using DVD Decrypter -

HINT:
    I always create a folder on my Desktop named " All DVD Work" and before ripping my DVD's I create another sub-folder with the name of the movie I'm backing up. (i.e. C:\All DVD Work\The last Samurai singing Dixie.)

Next - you need to download this:
    (Get your DVD Decrypter's newest version here - )
    http://www.dvddecrypter.com/

To do the backup with DVD Decrypter it's best to do it in the ISO image mode. First go to "Mode" then "ISO," then select "Read." Where it says "Source," select the drive containing your original DVD. Hopefully, this drive is your DVD-ROM drive. Using your burner to read a disc is hard on the drive. The constant starting and stopping of the drive can cause over-heating and can prematurely wear your burner out. If you have just the one drive, there's not much you can do but use it. Where it says "Destination," Browse until you find your pre-made folder and select that. Now "Click" the Disc-to-HD icon

When the "Reading sound" signals that the job is complete, remove your original DVD and insert your *blank DVD. Then go back to "Mode," then "ISO" and then choose "Write". Now we go to "Source" and locate our folder where our ISO file resides. Then, let's head to "Destination" and select our burning drive where our blank DVD disc awaits. Lastly, we "Click" the HD to disc icon and STAND BACK FROM THE COMPUTER ! It's too late in the game to want to make a **coaster, isn't it ?
    Your PC requires more resources while it's burning than at any other time. The only other thing that requires that much of your PC's resources is the encoding of your DVD. To copy a DVD successfully it's only necessary to use a decent grade media and to let your PC do its "thing" without your interference -
    until we hear the "Finished tune". This method will also make excellent copies of previous backups made with any other application, as your backups don't require any additional compression.

*DO USE RiData, Sony, Ritek G04, Verbatim DataLife Plus or media boasting "Advanced AZO Dye. Other media could very well cause errors, only the very best media should be used for DVD Video backups. Now is defiantly not the time to put your crappy cheap stuff in - )

**Coaster is a single-write DVD that for one reason or another hasn't been burned correctly and therefore cannot be played. Its only use is for a beer coaster. NOTE: It is illegal to use a DVD coaster for any other drink but beer.

Thanks for stopping in and remember,
    When you want Guides with a personality, shop ScubaPete :p)

OR, if you have a DVD ROM and a DVD burner, you can Nero's Copy disc -

Cheers,

Pete