1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing up DVD to VHS tape???

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by DJMikey76, Feb 10, 2005.

1. DJMikey76

DJMikey76 Member

This is my first time visiting the site, and I am blown away by all the technical knowledge! Wow, very intimidating! :p Anyway, here's my question (and I hope this is the right forum for this):

I bought a very expensive DVD recently (over $100) that I would like to copy onto VHS tape as a backup, in case something happens to my DVD disc. Does anyone have a method for doing this?

I've tried connecting my VCR to the TV to the DVD player with A/V cables, coaxial cables, and various combinations (even used a 2nd VCR) with no luck. The resulting copy came out all staticy with lines on the picture, etc -- must be copyright protected. The DVD itself says it's "viewable worldwide, no coding zone, NTSC multizone" whatever that means *lol*

Anyone have any ideas? I don't have a DVD burner on my computer, so I'd like to try to find a realitively inexpensive way to make a copy onto just a regular old VHS tape. If anyone has any ideas, I would be very appreciative! :)

2. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

wow, your like going backwards in time with this question. my idea that the dvd is copyrighted. to get rid of the copyright you would have to make a copy of the disc on another disc, but you said you don't have a burner. their may be some other way, but the only way I know gives you a bad picture when copying. which movie is it?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2005
  3. DJMikey76

DJMikey76 Member

It's a nature film....yeah, that's it a nature film ;) hehe; anyway, I'm still looking for answers in case anyone's feeling up to the challenge. Or maybe this thread is in the wrong forum? I guess it's more of an a/v dubbing question rather than DVD per se....?