1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up DVDs

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Crossbo, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Crossbo

Crossbo Member

A problem I have been having lately when backing up DVDs is when I take the finished backup DVD and put it in my DVD player it starts to play the disk and then stop, like someone hit the stop button and it just sits there. It never plays on my player.

I am using the Ripit4Me-Shrink--ImgBurn process of backing up DVDs. I have had some success using this method but lately it seems more often then not, it comes out not playing. All my software is up to date.

Any ideas??

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

bad media, burning to fast, to much multasking

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

More than likely it is a media issue. What brand and type of media are you currently using. Will these discs play in your computer? If you have another stand alone DVD player you could try in that also it could be your stand alone DVD player doesnt like your discs.

4. Crossbo

Crossbo Member

I am using Verbatim +R disks. I have never had a problem with them in the past.

Or never had a problem playing backed up DVDs in my stand alone DVD player up until about 3 months ago.

I took one of the disks that did not play in my DVD player and was able to play it on my PC with Windows Media Player.

So, whats my next step?

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Try another stand alone DVD player if you don't have one use a friends or neighbors. It could be your stand alone DVD player is the problem. It doesn't sound like there is a problem with the disc Verbatim's are one of the top manufacturers out there.

Also what speed are you burning these discs at? You could try slowing it down to see if that helps.