1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up Extras seperately

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Jadie76, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Jadie76

Jadie76 Guest

Hi all :)

I am new to the forum but have been using it as a resource for quite some time now. Definitely the best resource around. This might be a silly question to a lot of you, but here goes anyway.

I am trying to back up a couple of DVDs to keep the originals away from grubby fingers. Using DVD-Decrypter, DVDShrink and Nero 6. Most of the time this works great but occasionally some of the DVDs have features on that the kids (not mine lol) try to play around with. And when fitting it all on one DVD, the compression goes below 50% with DVDShrink and the quality really suffers.

So here my question: Is there a way to back up the Extras only as well as keeping the menu functions? I use the reauthor method in DVDShrink to backup the movie only, but doing that with the extras will get rid of the menu functions, at least when I tried it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I tried to find a thread on the topic but couldn't find anything concrete.

Thanks for your help in advance :)

2. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

3. Jadie76

Jadie76 Guest

Thanks for your reply Adder. I saw it in there but it didn't click. Will try it out asap. Thanks again, much appreciated :)