1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing up freeze frame

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mkaone, Jan 21, 2005.

1. mkaone

mkaone Member

When backing up freeze frame, dvd shrink stops can't read file on "d"(which is my dvd drive. Redundency error.
    please help
    thanks
    mkaone

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Try use Decrypter.

3. mkaone

mkaone Member

How do I use decrypter first and not shrink. I have always opened shrink first then decrypter opens automatically.

Please explain

And thanks for your help
    mkaone

4. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

You may have got things wrong. Shrink and Decrypter are two separate programs. If you have dowloaded them both, you open each program by clicking the respective icons.
    For some tougher dvds, Decrypter does the ripping better.

5. brobear

brobear Guest

Decrypter has 2 functions. It serves as a ripper and a burner. Used as a ripper you have the decrypted files on the hard drive (With newer encryption systems the updated Decrypter works better than Shrink.) With HD files you click Open Files on the navigation bar or under File you select Open Disc Image if you created an ISO image with DVD Decrypter. Depends if you ripped in File mode or ISO Read mode. I normally use the file mode. With files, browse to the Video_TS folder in the "Browse to Folder" window. With "Open Disc Image", you get an "Open" window in which you navigate to the ISO file for the movie and select it. You can then set Shrink to burn automatically with DVD Decrypter, Nero, or CopyToDVD. With a file encoded to the hard drive, you can burn with most any decent DVD recording app.

The redundancy error has different causes, among them are scratched and/smudged discs, faulty discs and encryption on discs. You can check a disk with the freeware DVDInfoPro.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2005