1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up Memory Card 1019 using CTR-GCS

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by JinxDojo, Mar 24, 2007.

1. JinxDojo

JinxDojo Member

Has anyone had any success in backing up or even accessing a 1019 memory card using CTR-GCS with PSO streaming? I created a lot of backup files from a memory card 59 that was full, and now that I finally purchased a new card, I am unable to utilize it. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you,

Jinx Dojo

2. JinxDojo

JinxDojo Member

I should have probably added that I receive a "Card is Corrupt" error from CTR-GCS--I'm assuming most people who know of what I'm speaking have experienced this error. Again, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Jinx

3. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

It's been a while, but as I recall CTR-GCS is only compatible with Nintendo branded 59 block cards.

4. JinxDojo

JinxDojo Member

Thank you for the response; I believe you are correct. I guess I was sort of hoping someone could direct me to a different method of accessing/backing up memory cards. I've tried MemcardManager_b2; it loads successfully but fails to retreive a list from either memory card 59 or 1019. Is there any program that will allow me to restore my GCI files onto a 1019 via PSO-BBA-PC? If not, I noticed that the CTR-GCS source was made public--would it be possible to update it somehow? I mean, is the issue blocking it a serious one or simply something that requires a different line of code? Thank you for any help you can provide.

5. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

It's probably just additional code. I have no idea just how much of it is needed though.

I ended up just buying a USB memory card since it's much more convenient.

6. JinxDojo

JinxDojo Member

I wish I would have known this prior to purchasing my 1019. :( Although, I probably couldn't have afforded a USB card anyway. How much are they and where? Can I copy these GCI files to it? Can I copy "uncopyable" files with it? How about from it to my other cards?

I'd still rather just get this working--if there is anyone out there who has a clue how one might go about that, please help me out. I have looked over the code, but I'm not very good in C and can't find any obvious spot of limitation. I worry that it may be the DOL file itself with the limitation. Is this a possibility? Because I'm not sure, but I think this C file is only for the CTR-GCS PC program. :( Any more help/information is still appreciated. Thank you.

7. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

This is the card I have.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-26-49-en-70-1yg.html

I bought it off of Lik-sang a couple years ago, but I think it used to be cheaper.

Anyway, it lets you copy any game save on and off the card using your PC. When you use it with the GC, it'll act just like a normal memory card. And yeah, it uses GCI files.