1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing up my dvd collection

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by xbonz, Nov 27, 2004.

1. xbonz

xbonz Member

i want to make identical backups of my dvd collection. it is my understanding that i need to use dual layer discs which is no problem. what do you guys recommend i use. I do not want to sacrifice quality or anything.
    is there 1 softeware title that will allow me to accomplish this in a timely manner.

I am a NEwB so if you can take it easy on me for at least the first few posts i would appreciate it. I did read some resent threads but i figured i would ask my distinct question to be absolutely sure thanks alot I appreciate the time it takes to give a responce

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

at the moment, dual layer discs cost about as much as the original dvd.

3. DVMaster

DVMaster Member

If you have a dual layer burner I would wait till the media price drops. It really is not worth it now.

If you need to backup up now, you can onto a single layer. Use DVD - Shrink http://www.dvdshrink.org and DVD Decrypter - http://www.dvddecrypter.com for this.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2004
  4. xbonz

xbonz Member

i have only backed up a few so far but i have used dvdxcopy express

i did download the dvd shrink and it looks good although it seems to take longer reading the disk.

do i need both dvd shrink and dvddecrypter ?? or can i just use just 1

out of the three mentiond what is the suggested software that you guys would think is best for me till the price of the media drops ??

I saw another title called dvd cloner 2 anyone used that ??

Thanks