1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing Up My pc game

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by timmymo, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

2. travalon

travalon Regular member

bsmall,
    I just purchased a lite-on 1633s external. After reading your thread I figured I'd burn TR-AOD and see how it worked. I used alcohol 120 with the securom new 4.x 5.x profile enabled under the image wizard. When I mount it to a virtual drive, voila! I have Game. So I just used 120's image burning wizard to burn it to a TDK cd-r music disc (the only one I had) with rmps checked. And now I have a working backup of Angel of Darkness. Thought I might try burning one w/o the rmps checked and now I have 2 working backups.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2005
  3. nomad311

nomad311 Member

hey ive read a few posts about these protected cds and i have 2 questions:

is my burner efm capable? (lg gsa-4260b) or is there a list

and can any drive read them ie the built in one on my laptop?

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I don't see your LG on any of the lists but that doesn't automatically mean your drive isn't EFM capable because all the lists I know of are quite old. You can run a sheep test on your drive using the utility found at this link:

http://www.petemoore.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/guides/pc-cdrom/sheeptest.htm

I don't quite follow your second question but if you're asking if most any drive can read a protected disc for an image then the answer is, in most cases, yes but keep in mind that some drives are better at it than others.