1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up my Summer Heights High DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Barond14, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Barond14

Barond14 Member

I can't for the life of me get the DVD to backup to my computer. I usually use DVD decrypter and DVD shrink and no problem but with this HBO DVD I can't get it to work.

I am using ANYDVD in the background, and it seems to have cut through all the decryption, but when I start to use clone dvd it messes up. I first go to clone DVD, then select the DVD from the drive its in, then next. The next screen it scans for a second, then goes into the screen where I can choose where to save the new iso image. I choose where and then it goes into this long scan saying defective dvd structure.
    It eventually starts to work but stops every time, saying unexpected error. Can anyone help?

2. Barond14

Barond14 Member

I upgraded to the newest version of Clone Dvd and that may even be worse now. it now says when I first select the dvd drive that it is copy-protected. I thought anydvd was supposed to help that, no?

3. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

You Could Try Ripping It With DVDFab, Then Run It Thru FIXVTS The Disk May Have Been Made Useing A MAC Program

You Can Also Try To Back It Up On a Mac Computer Useing Mac The Ripper.

4. Mez

Mez Active member

The problem could be from several sources. Bad surface, bad media, the disk was burned too fast or possibly too slow or other problems.
    That doesn't mean much Shrink is 7 yrs old and the other is 8 yrs old. They were good during their day but not now. I prefer defab to anywhere.