1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up old XBOX HD

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by DaggerB, Mar 14, 2004.

1. DaggerB

DaggerB Member

My old one Harddrive crashed, and now i need to reformat the 160gb Maxtor, with EvolutionX on it, but i dont have the old XBOX HD back up. I have downloaded Slayer 2.5, and is that all i need? if not can someone tell me where i can download those old files?

2. alas

alas Member

burn the iso image on a cd-rw or dvd-r. remember to "burn image" and not burn it as a data disc. if you see that your pc can't read the disc, then you've got it right. then remove your old hdd and replace w/ the new one. boot up and insert the slayer's disc. reboot and you should find slayer's loaded. select "format large hard drive" option. afterwards, you can choose the option that lets you install the apps. you can now remove the cd and see if it boots up to evox. then if you need to connect to the pc, just change the ini settings. finally, use configmagic to lock the hdd so you can play xbl.

hope i didn't miss out on anything.

3. DaggerB

DaggerB Member

thanks man, that's great but can u send me a link to where i can get config magic?? to my e-mail? or to my aim screen name?

kadesh60@hotmail.com

daggerblade <-aim

ps: can u tell me what number to choose just so i can be sure, cause out of 15 choices a lot of them sound the same. and fyi i have executor 2.3blite plus with a switch

4. DaggerB

DaggerB Member

Thanks i installed Slayer. now all i need is config magic

5. DaggerB

DaggerB Member

I got Config Magic 2, kick ass thanks for you help.