1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing UP Original Audio CDs to CD-R

Discussion in 'Audio' started by dravidham, Jun 18, 2004.

1. dravidham

dravidham Member

Hi all,

I have tried to back up a few of my original audio CDs using either Nero 6 or Pinnacle 8.

It seems that I am unable to play some of the backup disks at all on either the PC or any of my three standalone CD players. Other backup copies I've made have been slightly more successful-they play, but the track selection is very hit and miss e.g. track 1 will play, cant select track 2 but when I try to select other tracks, the disk reverts back to track 1!

I'm using Verbatim CD-Rs and I've also tried Sony CD-Rs so I don't reackon that the media is the problem.

What d'you reachon-would it be the software that I'm using (nothing wrong with any of the applications that I use when I burn DVD-Rs). If this software is not so good for burning audio,are there any freeware applications out there that could burn me decent audio copies?

2. walter157

walter157 Member

Similar problems. I've tried copying standard music cds
    using windows media player 9 and nero6. The "new" cd plays fine on my PC but will not play at all on any cd players in the house!
    Why ?

3. andmerr

andmerr Guest

i have found that the simple programs work really well . How about giving clone cd a whirl

4. dravidham

dravidham Member

I Seem to have sorted the problem. AnyDVD running in the background and Nero Burning ROM 6 burning the backup copy,on the fly. Backed up over 30 copies with this method last night and not one coaster. Using Verbatim CD-R.

5. andmerr

andmerr Guest

glad you sorted your problem

6. Kingd

Kingd Guest

walter157: A couple of things: When you burn the Cd's, burn them at a low speed, 8x is usually good for me. Also try to use cd's that use darker die (fuji for example) as some stereo equipment can have trouble reading the lighter die that most cheap cd-r brands use. Unless you have very old stereos or the cd is copy protected then you shouldnt have any more problems.

7. dravidham

dravidham Member

Walter 157,

I go along with KingD. Although I am pretty new and inexperienced in this game I've been picking up quite a lot lately, although no where near as much as most of the others on this board (I'm working on that one, will take me ages!!).

Problem wise, apart from my initial lack of understanding of the usual software applications required which I have overcome with the asistance the useful info that I have obtained through this site and also other sites, I've found that, it was generally S**te media has caused the most agro 4 me to start with!

Go for Verb's (AZO) or G04 Riteks. As much as I think that Sony generally have a great line of products, they are pants when it comes to blank disks. Aviod at all costs le both their DVD-/+R's and also their CD-Rs and RW's. They will only fill up your dustbin when you get annoyed with them!. While your at it avoid also Memorex and PC Line...

Good luck,

Dave T.