1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing up problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by resifreak, Sep 9, 2005.

1. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@resifreak
    Hey, you're very welcome. Glad I could help out.

As for putting music on your xbox; the best way is to rip the disc on your PC and transfer via FTP to your xbox w/o XBMC but ultimately you want the program. In the F Drive you will see the music folder. Maybe E Drive depending on your setup (disc size).

"Don't wanna use DvDs for putting XBMC on your PC...go here:
    http://www.xboxmediacenter.de/
    You can get it from this site.

2. resifreak

resifreak Member

to do with the music i use flashxp and i like it its easy to use etc.... but any way im using the stock (8 gig) and its a westen digital drive, i have the following folders on my xbox C im guessing is the main partition on the drive, D DVD rom , E,X,Y,Z i think im have a 1.6 version xbox i think was brought late last year and its a crystal one so i might be wrong who knows but i understand that i can put musaic in folders on there ... thats fair enough but if i put loose tracks on the E drive i aint got a clue hpow to access them unless i need the xbox media center to play them thats what im thinkihng but id just like to put sum of my cd-rs on there so i can listen to my music while playing games lol (the ones that support the feature) if this has been answered before im sorry and as much detail and help as possible wud be appriated (also my slayer auto install cdrw will not boot anymore so im thining of trying it on a dvd-r its wasteful but if it works :) , and im told id need to edit the evox.ini file to add command lines for additional apps and games.

i no its a lot to read im sorry bout that .

any help wud be grateful many thanks

3. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@resifreak
    Did you try to download XBMC via the website I gave you?? If you download it then you won't have to save it to a DvD-R...you can just FTP it to your apps folder via FTP like you've done your music.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2005
  4. resifreak

resifreak Member

yes i did thanks uniique 1 just i have the media center on my pc hard drive and on my xbox one (e:\apps\xbmc) and i dont know how to write the dashboard comands , like the actual option to use the xbox media center , so i just wondered how u did it? i no u have to write the command into the evox.ini dashfile i just didnt wanna do anything to screw up the dash. cus im clueless tbh lol as u mighthave guessed

Last edited: Sep 19, 2005