1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up protected DVDs

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by djblaz1n, May 15, 2004.

1. djblaz1n

djblaz1n Member

I want to back up my copy of Seven and this is the two disc Platinum edition. After analyzing with DVD Shrink, I proceed to the next step of backing it up as an ISO file. It gets to exactly one percent and then the "time remaining" slowly moves up to like 3 hours before giving me an error saying that it's due to some encryption in some sector.

Any suggestions?

I've perused through the threads here and i've gathered that DVD Shrink and Decrypter are the fan favorites. Am I correct in saying that you need both programs, one to rip and one to burn? Or does Decrypter do both?

2. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

yes they are very good programs (although i dont use them anymore) they are VERY good you should use both programs because they go hand in hand, now as to your problem,

does this happen with both discs?

Clean both the discs thouroughly

Defragment your hardrive, remove any old files eg temp files, get rid of registry errors --- Reinstall Both Programs and try it again

and if that dont work, shoot your computer

3. djblaz1n

djblaz1n Member

I'll try that out.

Sorry if I created two threads, but I just couldn't find my thread after I created so I thought something went wrong.

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

lmao@shoot your computer.
    I had to install a kick plate on mine.

5. viper6699

viper6699 Guest

rip the film with decrypter first to hd.......then use shrink on the image it creates.......then back to decrypter to burn (unless you prefer some other burning software)

i had same prob with lara croft.....cradle of life...and this worked for me.

hope this helps

6. michigan

michigan Guest

Sounds like viper is on the right track to me, do decryter first. That disc needs the big gun to break it!!!