1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up Safedisc 3.10, Call Of Duty

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by bhess16, Dec 3, 2003.

1. jaydee123

jaydee123 Member

Shoey,My wording is wrong, that should read, "How do you make a backup copy, of Call of Duty WINTHOUT the NEED of CloneCD still being installed". NOT WITH as I said in my previous post.I just gotta start editing my posts.I have selected the exit for the sheep in the systray & it now works in my other Teac CD-W58E. Now if I uninstall CloneCD will my backup work?? Or do I have to set CloneCD to a special setting & reburn. But the big question is do I need CloneCD installed at all time just so I can play my backup games??? also M8??? what's that.I set the write speed to MAX as I have a Plextor PX-708A on the cd side it reads 40X.If you could give me a step by step on how to copy this, without as you say emulation I would appreciate it very very much.

Dave

Dave

2. jaydee123

jaydee123 Member

Shoey, I just uninstalled CloneCD & the backup won't work, I get a error Can't find Cd-rom. Is this because I made the backup wrong??? Or is this just the way CloneCD works.

Dave

3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I'm bad at my choice of words as well m8 so here I go (again)... When backing up Safedisc cd production you wan't to play the backup in a dvd\cd-rom, not a burner. if the backup won't launch from your dvd\cd-rom then play the backup in your burner with CloneCd's "hide cd-r" enabled. The Plex PX-708A is a confirmed "2 sheep burner" but hardware testing at CD Freaks and CD-R Info only tested Safedisc 2.9 (The Sims Unleashed). If backup works in your dvd-cd-rom then uninstalling CloneCD>reboot>backup should still play. Now if you have Alcohol 120% or BlindWrite 5 installed then you need to uninstall these programs as well (backups of Safedisc only, NOT SecuROM). Leaving CloneCD installed or uninstalled is up to you. I recommend you keep the program installed as "copy on the fly" comes in handy. Use your Plex as "reader" (always) for reading true images of Safedisc& SecuROM cd protection. Last but not least, always read& write Safedisc& SecuROM cd protection at low speeds.[/b]
    Read: Preferably 24x or lower
    Write(RAO DAO): Preferably 12x or lower and choose ignore = weak sectors for Safedisc cd protection( not amplify or emulate)
    *Note* Be sure you're using the latest firmware for your Plex PX-708A dvd burner and congrats on a great purchase m8!
    http://forum.rpc1.org/portal.php
    Go to firmware downloads>Plextor>dvd burners.

Shoey :)

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Afterdawn forum rules
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Mobo: MSI KT4VL-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2500+
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700)
    nVidia GeForce FX5600(256MB DDR)
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd
    DVD-ROM: LiteOn LTD 165H
    DVDRW: LiteOn LDW-411S[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2004
  4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Read the image again and this time save as "cue sheet" and we'll try FireBurner. I'm going to private message you a.s.a.p.

5. jaydee123

jaydee123 Member

Shoey, thanks for all your prompt replies. Are you saying I should try & reburn the game again???? I just hate to have to buy a program meaning CloenCD & always have it installed just to play my backup games. Another question what does M8 mean????? Even another question, Why won't the backup work in the Plextor???? it works ok in the Teac?

dave

6. Moontears

Moontears Member

I have a CyberDrive CW058D with 160D frimware!! I would liek to know how to make a [bold]perfect copy[bold] that doesn't need any software extra to run. and if different how to make image to run of deamon tools. PLEASE HELP!!!

7. Shoey

Shoey Guest

No m8, but if you wan't, you can "mount" the image of the cd with Daemon Tools and run from a virtual stealth drive or play the backup in your burner using emulation such as CloneCD "hide cd-r" or Alcohol 120% "ignore media type".

8. Shoey

Shoey Guest

m8 is Aussie talk and stands for "mate" even though I'm American (laughs). If the backup plays in your Teac (dvd\cd-rom) then you've made a "perfect" backup. Backups of Safedisc won't play in a burner simply because of ATIP check, thus the reason for "hide cd-r"= CloneCD or "ignore media type"= Alcohol 120% (emulation).

9. jaydee123

jaydee123 Member

MY Teac is not a dvd rom it's a CDRW burner, I used my Plextor PX-708A to read & burn the disc. Here's something weird, the first copy I made works in the Teac but not in the Plextor with a Maxell CDR, but I also made a copy with Ricoh CDRW media & that plays in both drives. I reburned as You suggested with the setting also suggested with the CDRW media & this also works in both drives. Kinda weird ehhhh??? Gotta answer for that???

Dave

10. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Are you using the latest firmware for your Plex PX-708A? Do you own a dvd\cd-rom? To determine if you've accomplished a "true" backup, the backup must be played in a dvd\cd-rom. If playing the backup in a burner then you have to enable CloneCD "hide cd-r"= emulation.

11. jaydee123

jaydee123 Member

Shoey, I don't have JUST a dvd/cd-rom I have either the Teac Cd-w58e which is a cdrw burner & the Plextor PX-708A which is a DVD/CD burner just incase ya forgot. I'm sure ya got a lot on yer mind (helping me & others in all). In my message to you that my cdrw media plays in both the Plextor & the Teac. But the first copy I made only plays in the Teac with the sys tray icon on or exited.

Dave

12. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Then I suggest grabbing a LiteOn LTD 163 dvd-rom (eBay) or a Toshiba SD-M1612 dvd-rom. You won't know if you have a "true" backup unless you play your backup in a dvd-rom or cd-rom m8.