1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing up SD media launcher dvd [not easy]

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by xray69, Apr 14, 2007.

1. xray69

xray69 Member

I tried backing up my sd media luancher dvd, figuring that would be the prudent thing to to in case something happens to the original.
    Irony of ironies, this thing refuses to be copied and it seems is copy protected somehow.
    When I put it in my computer it locks things up for about 5 minutes, and every burning program I have tried [nero, clone dvd] stutter and lock up also. Nero finally got around to recognizing it, but as soon as I tried to burn it, up pops an error message "burning disc failed".
    So has anyone backed up there sd DVD with success ? Does SD expect you to just fork out another $50 if something happens to this dvd ?

2. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

some random info that can be pieced together:

wiikey released a new boot dvd [v. 1.2] with the ability to rip dvd's to sd.

it can be loaded from any sd launching app such as sdload, modchip, or sd media launcher.

sd media launcher is a dvd you say [i'm not sure about this because my ar max is a cd]? and it uses sd you say?

3. xray69

xray69 Member

Not sure if we are on the same wave length here.
    SD media launcher http://tinyurl.com/yt3dzc ships with what I assume to be a mini DVD [how else would a game cube read it if it was a cd ?]
    In fact I did put it in my cd drive, and it made that weird buzzing noise they make when you out a dvd in a cd drive. Maybe I am wrong, if so then that is my problem.
    This DVD is essential in that it must be in the gc drive every time you want to boot up a back-up game.
    If something were to happen to it, you would be screwed and would not be able to boot back-up games, and would essentially be out $50.
    Therefore, I would like to copy it, in case something happens to it.
    This is seemingly impossible to do, hence my question if anyone else had any luck copying it.

4. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

i'm on a hidden wavelength, sorry.
    i'll post instructions soon/never [whichever is easier].
    am i bad at giving hints?

hmmmm....

HEY YOU!!! google "dvdtosd" and hit this. how timely it is that you mentioned something completed/in the works....

/edit: the link says cd, i'm not sure if cd's work with this method...

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007