1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing up sims 2

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by evnflow, Apr 28, 2005.

1. evnflow

evnflow Guest

i've backed up sims 2 on a dvd using the downloaded trial version of clone cd...( i didn't see a "protected game cd" logo...i used the "dvd" logo) and installed it, but when i go to start it it goes to the sims 2 load screen and freezes...so i tried it again and the same....do i have to buy the whole verison to get the "protected game cd" logo or is there a quick way of making a back up of this dvd edition game because i have tried everything and i keep making coasters...(looks like i could start my own coaster company in my house)any help would be greatly appreciated..thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2005
  2. Leezer

Leezer Member

I had a problem with sims 2 aswell and i think it might be the same. I backed up sims 2 perfectly doing it all correctly with alcohol 120% but when it came to playing it, it froze at The big white screen sayin sims 2. I havent figured out the problem yet. I had clone cd and when i went to play sims 2 a dialogue box poped up saying ' CD/DVD EMULATION SOFTWARE HAS BEEN DETECTED ON YOUR COMPUTER. PLEASE REMOVE IT AND RESTART THE GAME'. It was clonecd that was picked up so if you have it it wont play the sims 2. It doesnt pick up alcohol but it still freezes.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I don't believe you need to buy the full version of CloneCD to get all the features.

DVD titles have been a real pain to back up especially the SafeDisc protected titles such as Sims 2. I'd recommend giving the newest version of Alcohol 120% a whirl and read/write veeeeeeeery slowly :)

4. evnflow

evnflow Guest

Leezer i had the same exact problems...first it would freeze and even when i had clonecd "hide media" clicked it still would say emulation software detected..hey thanks for the info...i'll give it a try and let you know how it comes out...thanks

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2005