1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up Snow White

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by JerryEl, Sep 3, 2003.

1. JerryEl

JerryEl Member

I'm trying to back up my copy of the first disk of the special edition of Disney's "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" so that my kid can play the backup copy. I've tried DVD Shrink 2.3 and 3.0 beta 5 plus DVD Decrypter and they all choke at about 80% of the way through the rip. The disk plays OK in my DVD player (haven't tried it on the PC DVD drive other than to rip it) and doesn't appear to be physically damaged.

I remember seeing on the Windows XP Update page (I use Windows XP Pro) that there was a fix for playing this particular disk. I never bothered to download it. Now that I am actually encountering that problem, I can't find the fix on the Windows Update page anymore. Does anybody know of the fix for this or have a workaround? Thanks!

2. rsb64113

rsb64113 Member

If you are getting an error during the rip you might want to try ripping at slower speeds. Ive had problems ripping with my Lite-on drive but when I used my pioneer A05 (which is capped at 2x), the rip went fine.

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

upgrade the firmware on ur pioneer to 1.33 rpc and it wont be capped at 2x

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

5. koola

koola Guest

You do need the Patch because if you don't have it installed, it cause's a buffer overflow which causes the programs to stop working.

Update your firmware, get the patch and there should be no problem.