1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up specific titles???

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cal1, Apr 19, 2007.

1. cal1

cal1 Guest

Hello everyone....great forum! Kinda new but somewhat knowledgeable...Looking to back up a few titles so I can put them into my vehicle before my kids scratch up the originals! The one that I am currently having probs with is The Pursuit Of HappyNess with Will Smith...I have made many successful back-ups but this one has not been fun.Most programs simply crash with this one...many different errors..I have tried RipIt4Me, FabDecrypter, Shrink-It, Decrypter,
    Given the short term support, I am really not looking to purchase yet another back-up program....Any shareware out there that anyone can suggest to back up this specific title (and others like it)??

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

DVDFab Decrypter is free and works quite well.

i highly recommend AnyDVD, but you have to buy it.

3. cal1

cal1 Guest

Like I indicated in my original post....tried Fab Decrypter and it will not work with this specific title...any other shareware ideas that I didnt mention?? Thanks....

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

sorry, read over that.

i'm pretty sure i've read that the latest DVDFab can do that movie, so you might just have a bad disc. is it scratched or damaged at all?

5. cal1

cal1 Guest

No its good....the software doesnt even start....just crashes...I have made many back-ups with it with no probs....even of Borat and a few others of the "difficult" ones but not this Will Smith title...Whats the known version (or latest) that will work with this title?? Thanks!!

6. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

try uninstalling the program and doing a clean reinstall. also make sure you have the newest firmware update for your drives.

or you can use the trial verison of clonedvd 2 and anydvd which will do the movie fine

7. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

8. cal1

cal1 Guest

Must be a firmware issue as that software DID NOT work.....Please read my original post. ImageBurn worked though with DVD Shrink after HOWEVER (FIrst time for this...) It wont play in all of my DVD players.....

9. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

not playing back in all dvd players is either a media problem your burning speed or a format problem to correct that make sure you are using good media as in Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim burning no faster than 8x . also if your using the DVD+R format booktype them to DVD-ROM or try using the DVD dash R format

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2007
  10. narcismo

narcismo Regular member

wow, this could be quite a few diffrent things. remember....just because an original dvd plays ok , but the back-up does'nt, is not proof that the original is free of mastering errors ect...
    i know you don't want to spend money for a program, however ANY-DVD comes with a 21 or 31 day trial(if you've never downloaded the trial before).i backed up this movie using it w/no problem. give it a try if you can. if it does'nt work, at least you can sort of, eliminate the copy software from the list of suspects.
    ps
    use good media:)
    pss
    auslander, quite a lovely sig...sure wish i could find one as nice:) ....sorry for the off topic

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  11. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

you just have to make your own, like i do, narcismo. ^.^

12. narcismo

narcismo Regular member

if you did that on your own...you are a god living with mere mortals.
    unfortunately i need a bit more help.
    again,.... i apologize for the off topic.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  13. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

find an image that you like and play around with effects in photoshop until you get what you want.

some of my sigs i do from scratch, some i don't. my current one was a piece of jeremy bernal's cgi work; all i did was cut, resize, and put text on it. others, i've done from scratch, but no one likes the same sig all the time.

find something pretty, like a car or a long-eared lady, and fool around til you find what you like. i took a class on photoshop in high school, but community college courses and online tutorials would be just as good.