1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up Star Wars IV DVD

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by Racer_XO, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Racer_XO

Racer_XO Member

Has anyone been able to backup Star Wars IV "A New Hope"? I could not get a good backup copy of the DVD using AnyDVD or DVDFab (most current version). I could backup just the main movie using DVDFab.

2. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

I would say since its an older movie you might have a scratched/bad DVD. might try a different DVD of the movie. I would not think it would be a copy protection problem

3. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

I have all 6 of the Star Wars movies backed up to dvd. I did mine a few years ago. Mine came in a 4-dvd pack set, which contained the remastered versions of Episodes IV, V, and VI along with a bonus disk.

4. Racer_XO

Racer_XO Member

I just tried backing up Empire Strikes Back and it did not backup correctly. When I play the movie back the picture and sound is offset or clipping. I used AnyDVD and DVDFab. I was able to backup up the main movie using DVDFab.

Thanks for th response.

5. Racer_XO

Racer_XO Member

I was able to backup Return of the Jedi with Slysoft only by backing up to image file. If I try to backup to harddisk it does not backup correctly.

6. Racer_XO

Racer_XO Member

I was able to successfully backup all Star Wars Episodes using AnyDVD and backup up to image only backup to hard disk does not work.