1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up the xbox game to the hard drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by crank101, Feb 9, 2005.

1. bklynbob

bklynbob Member

1. I use X3 CE. Love it. Asking what chip to buy is like asking what car to buy, Everyone has their own likes and such.
    2. As far as I know, no vendor will sell you a chip with a Bios installed on it.
    3. You can download games on to your standard drive, but its small, between 8 and 10 Gig. You will not be able to store to many games on it. Figure a game takes up between 1 Gig to 3+ Gig, so do the math.
    4. As far as lock/ unlock goes, check out the Tutorial " Locking a replacement HD.
    If you go with the X3, after you install it, you will have to get a Bios for it first, then a Dashboard and Apps. If you get Slayers Auto Install, it will do the last two but you'll still have to get the X3 bios.

2. evildead8

evildead8 Guest

where can i get slayers? i tried some IRC #slayers thing but its not working right, and i dont wanna pay 10 bucks at xbox-hq for it. is there anywhere else i can go?

3. robj82

robj82 Guest

I've been backing up games to the hard drive on my xbox for a while now yet recently have tried doing so with shrek 2 using boxploer i have the x3 chip. yet the only files it sees on the disk are .vts and .vob now .xbe so the game wont run has anyone else come across this problem this is the first time i have seen this happen please help

4. bklynbob

bklynbob Member

evildead8 - do an internet search, search for: "Slayers Auto Installer". Among all the results you should find one that says "Welcome to the Official Slayers Xbox Installer Web Site", when you get there, you will have to register as far as I know.

5. bklynbob

bklynbob Member

Have you tried using DVD2Xbox instead of Boxploer?
    DVd2Xbox also supports the X3 LCD screen, don't even have to turn the TV on to copy a game to your Xbox Hard drive.

6. robj82

robj82 Guest

tried dvd2xbox worked great thanks. much better than boxploer

7. bklynbob

bklynbob Member

Figured you might like it, and like I said it works with the X3 LCD screen.

8. evildead8

evildead8 Guest

got the slayers auto installer and ordered the xecuter 3 CE. thanx for the help.

9. bklynbob

bklynbob Member

Remember, the X3 does not come with a Bios. You should get the latest X3 Bios, Ver.3029, install it and use the Config live to format your new hard drive, if you get one. Then install the Slayers.

10. fixmyxbox

fixmyxbox Member

I'm not sure if slayers these days come ready to run avalaunch. A while back avalaunch was just an App on the slayers disc. If you are setting up your hard drive I seriouly suggest using the avalaunch dashboard. Check it out at http://www.teamavalaunch.com They have a great App just for their dashboard "Qwix" which speeds the upload of games to your XBOX. Its A MUST!!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2005
  11. evildead8

evildead8 Guest

where should i get xs bios and wat r they labeled as?

12. evildead8

evildead8 Guest

which is easier, faster, and overall better? Avalaunch Dashbaord or the EvolutionX Dash.

13. fixmyxbox

fixmyxbox Member

Avalaunch is a far more advanced dashboard. Evox's claim to fame is the bioses they release

14. evildead8

evildead8 Guest

is there an autoinstaller like slayers for the avalaunch dash?
    and if so where can i get it?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2005
  15. Takegami

Takegami Member

is there a way to copy games on the xbox HD without having to install a mod chip or a new HD?

16. bklynbob

bklynbob Member

Don't know Evildead8. If you intend to install Slayers, you can just ftp the new version of Avalaunch over to the Avalaunch Folder in Slayers. You can also do the same to upgrade the other important programs in Slayers; DVD2Xbox and Media Center. You will have to edit the ini file to make Avalaunch the default dashboard. I have used both for about a year or so, but still like Evox better. As far as the X3 Bios, you get it from the same place you get all the other programs. There are two versions, one for the ver. 1.0 to 5 xbox and one for the 1.6. Make sure you get the right one.

17. bklynbob

bklynbob Member

Far as I know, you must have a Modchip in order to copy games to a hard drive. As far as needing a bigger hard drive, you don't. The down side is, the stock drive is between 8 and 10 gig minus the space used by the orignal software, you would only be able to copy a few games, maybe 3, to the stock drive.
    I'm using 250 Gig drives in my 4 Xboxes and 20 games take up about 31 Gig on each one.

18. fixmyxbox

fixmyxbox Member

Why may I ask do you have 4 XBOX's? Do you have XBOX lan parties or whats going on?

19. bklynbob

bklynbob Member

Sure you may ask. Two are at home, connected to my network. One I keep in the car. The other I'm still working on.

20. fixmyxbox

fixmyxbox Member

Do you have pictures of your box installed in your car? If so post them.....