1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing-up XBOX games would be a pointless exercise!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Chef_D, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Chef_D

Chef_D Guest

What would be the point of indulging in the useless activity of "backing-up" your xbox game?

I have been playing cd based games for your years and can count on no hands the amount of times my original game disc has failed.
    Why would anyone go to the bother of backing all of their games up!

Admit it, no-one here (perhaps a VERY small minority) is doing this, they are copying their friends games and downloading ISO's of games they dont own.

I understand from the POV of the forum administrators that they do not wish to be associated with any illegal activities but please, people ... do not be hypocritical when you "suspect" that someone is looking for info on how to burn copy games from ISOs because you are all doing it.

On the subject of this, is it illegal to give instruction on how to download an iso from bittorrent and burn it to a blank DVD-R, even though you do not directly post a link to the torrent/crack/iso/whatever?

Surely we have the freedom of speech and information, for example, surely it is not illegal from me to tell someone on the internet that the best way to rob a store is by using handgun and pouinting it at the minimum wage sales assistant and asking for their money.
    The act is illegal, telling someone how it is done is not.

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

So if you're original gets messed up, then you won't have to spend another $50 for it (DUH!)

Actually, a lot of people, including myself, backup DVDs and games.

Secondly, I don't really like downloading torrent games. I prefer to pay a $1 (YES $1) to rent a game for a night, copy all the files (hehe) and put it on a DVD-R :D

Hey, at least I'm being honest.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2004
  3. Chef_D

Chef_D Guest

Well you got my respect for being honest but tell me, has one of your original games discs EVER got messed up?

Don't answer that cos it's too easy to lie. It's never happened to me.

4. HatTrik24

HatTrik24 Regular member

Chef_D,

I understand what you are saying about backing up games and stuff. I'm sure a lot of people do a lot of illegal stuff. But you gotta look at it from everbody's point of view. Some people have either little kids or little siblings who like to mess with stuff with that. And with little children along comes accidents. It is very easy to scratch or break a cd. Therefore we take the time to backup our games whatever the reason is! I would rather take time to back up games that I already own then have to fork over another $50 for a game I had already previously bought!