1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BackingUp Deus EX????

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by thomas40, Feb 3, 2004.

1. thomas40

thomas40 Member

Hi Peeps

Im A Fairly New Nooobie

I am trying to backup my original copy of Deus ex: invisibal war. i rip it to the xbox HDD and it plays fine, After burning to DVD+r it is so tempermental 1 out of 10 trys it might actually load into first level but it's garanteed not to load second level but 9 out of 10 it will not load into first level will start loading then just kick me back to the dashboard. the dvd+r media i use works for all my other backups. is this a common problem? if so is there a solution? if not common what am i doing wrong?

Looking forward to replys.
    Thanks

Last edited: Feb 3, 2004
  2. s8nsch1ld

s8nsch1ld Regular member

Might be bad media or the way you are burning it.

Have you tried different brand DVD's?

Are you burning it properly, creating an .ISO using xISO or something like that?

3. Geoz

Geoz Member

Possibly the speed the disc was burned at is the problem, also was the disc closed (no further writing possible)? also what drive do u have thompson, phillips etc? also try changing media what type of disc are u using Datawrite creation whatever?

4. thomas40

thomas40 Member

Hi i am using ritek dvd+r i am burning it at 2X speed, won't let me do it any slower. i am creating an xiso using craxtion. i might try using different media, is this the only other hing to try?. but i have also notice that FMV's are a bit jerky could this be a bad rip from thed disc to pc?

thanks for you help guys

5. Geoz

Geoz Member

I think the most likley reason for slow vids is the speed that the disc was burnt at, try different media and see if it is 1x compatible, it also could be the xbox drive that u are using, but there isn't much that can be done about that unless u want to fork out for a new samsung or a modded PC drive (unless of course u have that already)

6. thomas40

thomas40 Member

cheers,

I have also noticed that the FMV's not only jerky on the Burnt dvd, but exactly the same running from the HDD. i don't get it, And no matter how many time i try to backup the original it does exactly the same with jerky FMV's. original works like a dream though but would like to get a backup B4 game Fks up

thanks alot

7. Geoz

Geoz Member

Are u using GDF Image to make the ISO or Xiso or something else, maybe thats the problem.
    Has anyone else created a Deus Ex Perfect copy and what did they use...I think we should compile a list of correct methods to backing up games

8. thomas40

thomas40 Member

Hi ya,

Im using GDFimage with craxtion, works poerfectly for other games. went to get more media today, wasn't sure what to get. my burner only burns dvd+r does anybody know of any dvd+r that work fantasticaly with the philips drive?

think that's a fantastic idea though 'geoz'. a list of correct methods would be good i have done some perfect copies if you need me to write up my methods?

Cheers

9. Geoz

Geoz Member

Sure, if u have any methods that work fine why not? Then we could compile it into a .txt file and place it as a sticky...