1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BACKUP COLUMBIA PICTURES "LITTLE BLACK BOOK"

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by blackpete, Jan 3, 2005.

1. bw5011

bw5011 Member

ok i cant get the cut and paster method to work. when i save it to a notepad file i call it whatever.psl and i dont see it when i try to import it. can someone please help me. dvdd is not accepting any more apps. and i really need this ripped.

2. ffej0427

ffej0427 Member

under file types.. make sure you pick all files..thats what I did

Also..sorry if this has been asked. How do you make .psl files? Thanks

Last edited: Jan 4, 2005
  3. 7diesel

7diesel Member

i was just about to go pick it up any problems or need to do anything special with clone dvd and anydvd

4. spidervik

spidervik Member

I WENT TO THE WEBSITE BUT IT WONT LET ME REGISTER PLESE HELP

5. =KenMarc=

=KenMarc= Member

Having the time of my life trying to back up Little Black Book using DVD Decrypter, any solutions I have tries the PSL info no luck.

6. jesterday

jesterday Member

7. spidervik

spidervik Member

THIS FILE WONT SAVE

8. spidervik

spidervik Member

CAN YOU EMAIL THIS FILE TO ME?

9. spidervik

spidervik Member

CAN YOU EMAIL THIS FILE TO ME? [​IMG]

[no posting in all caps either]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005
  10. THEREVMAN

THEREVMAN Member

Am curious about the PSL files and how to create them. Is there a software program I can use to make them? What do all the numbers mean? I can't go to http://forum.dvddecrypter.com because the site won't allow any more new registrations so I can't research it there. Please help if you can. Thanks.

11. xboysal

xboysal Member

All you do is copy and paste the PSL files into Notepad, then save as. I named the file DVD_VIDEO.PSL For me, it didn't matter what extension I put on it, because it wouldn't save it in anything but a text file. All I did was go in after the fact and drop the .txt off the end of the file so the file read DVD_VIDEO.PSL. Then, import it into DVD Decrypter.

I was able to rip Little Black Book once I added the patch, but now when I go to open up the files in DVD Shrink, they aren't recognized. Since I use single layer discs with a single layer burner, I don't know what to use to compress the files now that they are ripped. Any ideas?

Sal

Last edited: Jan 4, 2005
  12. Draygin

Draygin Guest

Hey all...

Very simple solution, on any dvd click on copy protection based on unreadable sectors. Not as impresive, but works with everything. This is the method of copy protection being used. Keep them from taking our money twice. Soon blue lasers will make the current dvds obsolete so why steel our money due to media made to be defective.

13. THEREVMAN

THEREVMAN Member

Putting the PSL code in a notepad file and saving it as an ASCII text file with a PSL extension with the extra spaces on the end of every line removed worked for me perfectly.

I want to make other PSL files for other movies. I was wondering what all the numbers mean in the file. I was also wondering how I can make another PSL file with different codes for other movies. It almost sounds sounds like this is the only file I need for all Movies that have protection. I figure there might be other movies out there that this code will not work.

14. Sinlaya

Sinlaya Member

Easy way to do this

CloneDVD and AnyDVD.. works fast and it's easy.
    Just finished making my copy.

15. xboysal

xboysal Member

You ripped it that way, but how did you compress and burn your image? My problem wasn't ripping it after the patch, but I couldn't do anything with the file after it was ripped.

BTW.. I just used AnyDVD and DVD Shrink to make my back up. Works great! AnyDVD works in the background to decrypt the files and DVD Shrink shrinks the file for me.

If you use just Anydvd and Clone CD, how do you compress the file? Or.. Are you using a dual layer disc?

Sal

16. uwiloz2me

uwiloz2me Member

jesterday!

You are the best for your great link!

Thank you!

17. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

your giving us newbies a bad name.

i tried to copy/paste method and it screwed me over. just save the file to your desktop and import the same file into dvd decrypter: file:protected sectors list:import:(search for the file that was saved)

18. pammeepie

pammeepie Guest

anydvd 4.4.1.1 running in background while reading your disk in dvd xpress. I have a perfect back up. Very Easy.

19. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Very simple solution, on any dvd click on copy protection based on unreadable sectors. Not as impresive, but works with everything

Actually, while this does work for some, it definitely does not work for all.

Unfortunately the hard copy read error doesn't work with anydvd on this movie(little black book). I played around with it for a while and found that the read errors are only coming from the full screen version part of the DVD. Since I prefer the widescreen version anyway, I just omitted(unchecked) the full screen in DvdCopy 3 and it ripped and burned fine with anydvd running in the background.

I couldn't use shrink to analyze because it couldn't get past the fullscreen read error in it's first minute of analyzing. Same with decrypter, however any app like DvdCopy 3, Clone Dvd 2, which lists the segments will work just by unchecking the fullscreen title of the movie, then proceeding as usual.

There seems to be a growing trend to prevent DVD backup by using unreadable sectors or hard copy read errors.

There are however other ways to circumvent this method.

One is to use a slower read, even at 1x, if your DVD-ROM drive won't do it, try using your burner to read it.

Another way is there are settings in decrypter to make your rip more aggressive. here are a few:

DVD Decrypter can handle even the toughest of encryptions, try the following little "adjustments" -

Step 1. In DVD Decrypter, go to "Tools", "Settings", and then whatever you're using either the File Mode tab OR the ISO Read Mode tab and "tick" "Remove PUO's" - try either the IFO, BUP, PUO's OR the VOB PUO's

Step 2. In DVD Decrypter, go to "Tools", "Settings", General tab, on the bottom left it will say "Removal Method" choose "Aggressive".

Step 3. in DVD Decrypter, go to "Tools", "Settings" then choose the CSS tab, under CSS Cracking Method, mark the spot that says "Brute Force".

Step 4. in DVD Decrypter, go to "Tools", "Settings" then choose the I/O tab, check "ignore read errors".

Step 5. in DVD Decrypter, go to "Tools", "Settings" then choose the "Device tab" and set read speed at 1x, and set your retries at a high number like 50.(I once got one to finally copy by pure persistence, 320 tries!)

Jim_Dandy's little patch seems to work for some also on this movie, leave it to the guru,LOL

20. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Big-o thanks for the props.. altho It wasnt me that authored the PSL...I just seem to be acting as a conduit to that site, since most arent able to register.

All this talk about not being able to rip those movies(RE2&LBB)I havent heard one word, on if either of these movie suck or not.It would be a complete bummer if none of these movies are good ie. el-stinko

I have RE2, but I havent found the time to watch it yet.
    Are these movies worth the trouble, or is it simply the challenge of cracking them?

oh btw.. biggie congrats on your promotion to addict...ill bet the pay is outstanding now LOL

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005