1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BACKUP COLUMBIA PICTURES "LITTLE BLACK BOOK"

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by blackpete, Jan 3, 2005.

1. xboysal

xboysal Member

Bigorange: Your findings are dead on! I was only able to burn the Widescreen version only of the movie. That's fine by me. Thanks for the tips on how to make DVD Decrypter more agressive! I have to give those a shot!

Definitely the latter for me!

Sal

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005
  2. modie101

modie101 Member

Guys I noticed that some people are having trouble creating a .PSL file. Just a an FYI the .psl file is only a ".txt" with the psl instead of a txt. You can create one by opening notepad in Windows, pasting the sectors from the webpage, then "save as". In the "File name:" area you will already notice the .txt extenstion is highlighted. Just start typing in the name you want for example "name.psl" where name = whatever you want to call it. Make sure it overwrites the ".txt", do not leave it as .txt . Make sure you remember in which directory you choose to save it.
    Finally in DVD decryptor, click on files -> import protected sectors list, and you are ready to rip.

Enjoy.

3. xboysal

xboysal Member

Right. That's what I did. Even if I chose "all files", Notepad wanted to save it as a text file. All I did was save it, then go back and manually knock off the .txt extension, so it just read .psl

For those of you ripping this movie with DVD Decrypter and then burning it, do you have dual layer burners and media? I was able to rip the movie with the patch, but I couldn't do anything with the file afterwards. I still needed to compress it, to fit it onto a single layer dvd.

I ended up using Anydvd in conjunction with DVD Shrink, then burned with Nero 6. I was still only able to extract the widescreen version of the movie without menu's and extras.

Sal

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

You should have been able to do everything but the fullscreen version. There were no read errors anywhere else in the film.

jim_dandy, LOL, was it worth it? Probably not, I give it a 5 on 1-10, tho Brittany Murphy and a couple of others looked pretty dam good,LOL.

5. Draygin

Draygin Guest

Actually, while this does work for some, it definitely does not work for all.

Unfortunately the hard copy read error doesn't work with anydvd on this movie(little black book). I played around with it for a while and found that the read errors are only coming from the full screen version part of the DVD. Since I prefer the widescreen version anyway, I just omitted(unchecked) the full screen in DvdCopy 3 and it ripped and burned fine with anydvd running in the background.

I couldn't use shrink to analyze because it couldn't get past the fullscreen read error in it's first minute of analyzing. Same with decrypter, however any app like DvdCopy 3, Clone Dvd 2, which lists the segments will work just by unchecking the fullscreen title of the movie, then proceeding as usual.

I had no problems with Clone DVD 2. Any DVD is not a ripper. It does stop the read errors. I was recomending simple steps for newbies. Set Any dvd was the only solution I found that worked and it worked with the entire dvd.

6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Actually anydvd is a ripper of sorts, specifically it enables apps that can't rip because of encryption to be able to rip. It is specifically an "on the fly" tool which enables a backup app to rip and burn without writing to the hard drive.

I was only correcting you in that it's hard copy read error feature will NOT work for every movie, I was not knocking anydvd. I have it and it runs in the background at all times when my PC is on.

7. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

I think you were being a bit generous with that rating...most definitely a chick flick...im gonna have to go watch RE2 now, to get my testosterone back up to acceptable levels LOL

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Just get the neewest version of Decrypter and all will be fine! Just released today :)

9. xboysal

xboysal Member

I just did and tried ripping Little Black Book again out of curiousity. It does nothing different than having the the psl patch added to the previous version of DVD Decrypter. I still can't do anything with the files in DVD Shrink.

I sure hope that makers of good movies don't catch on that this type of encryption actually works. ;)

Sal

10. spidervik

spidervik Member

i decrypted it with the new decrypter and burned with clone dvd2 and it worked fine

11. bigorange

bigorange Active member

xboysal,

The new version of decrypter will get around it, but even so, I managed to get around it without it. Hard copy read errors are nothing new, only fairly new in DVD encryption.

try another program instead of shrink. DvdCopy 3 or Clone Dvd 2, even recode has worked. Altho Recode is almost the same as shrink except one burns and can't rip and the other rips and can't burn.

All have free trials. I highly recommend DvdCopy 3. Best app out there besides RB/CCE and it's very fast, 30-45 minutes on a movie.

12. mjlucky13

mjlucky13 Member

i would like to thank whomever it was that posted the psls for little black book. i had spent about 4 hrs trying to rip it and kept failing. they were a great help. will ther be more movies like this? so hard to rip?

13. mjlucky13

mjlucky13 Member

hey big orange love the football players at the bottom of your posts as i am a very big tennessee fam myself. i have had season tixs for the 20 yrs.

14. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

if you notice, all the movies that we all have problems ripping are all from Sony....bourne supreamcy, resident evil, shaun of the dead, little black book, the grudge, the forgotten, and christmas with the cranks are just the start of movies that we will or already have problem with.

15. bigorange

bigorange Active member

mjlucky13,

Cool! My family has had season tickets for about 35 years now. I've been going since I was 12. Always nice to see another UT fan. We should be in the hunt for a National Title next year. We were one of the youngest teams in the nation and we don't lose hardly anybody. And we kicked BUTT in the Cotton Bowl without our starting QB's(well Schaefer did play for 1 or 2 plays,LOL)

On the hard copy read errors, it's nothing new, just new in DVD's. So far I have only found one movie I couldn't get around them on. Ned Kelly. And guess what? I went and traded my copy for a later release and it didn't have them!

16. mjlucky13

mjlucky13 Member

i didnt have any problems w/ bourne supremacy or shaun of the dead. little black book and res kicked my butt.

17. mjlucky13

mjlucky13 Member

even if one of the frosh qbs transfer we still have jonathan crompton coming. hes supposed to be as good as if not better than ainge and schaeffer. we should be very good the next few years. the only question will be w/ the o line.
    getting back to the subject i did have a hard time w/ starsky and hutch as well. that is really the only movie i have never been able to rip.

18. bigorange

bigorange Active member

dvdripdvd,

I didn't have problems with any of those either except RE2. BTW, it's not exclusive to Sony, Ned Kelly is from Focus. You all must remember, this is nothing new, it's only new to DVD, and so far I've only seen that one movie I couldn't get around but others I know did, tho it took some doing. By the time someone figured it out I had already traded my copy for a later release which DIDN'T have the read errors.

There are sevral things you can do to get around hard copy read errors. Usually one or a combination of several will do the trick. Find where the read errors are and then take it from there. (Lots of times the errors are in menu stuff, but not the movie itself). Besides, the new version of decrypter, out today has already solved the problem with LBB, but you could've gotten around it even without decrypter. Sometimes it may take a little time and experimenting, but usually you can get around them.

You can check out some of the methods used here, I plan on expanding them later this month, but it'll give you a jump on hard copy read errors anyway:

http://www.zentarium.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101

19. bigorange

bigorange Active member

mjlucky13,

That's strange, I didn't have any problems with S&H at all. What were you using and what happened?

BTW, I think we'll be fine on Offensive line and our linebackers are the envy of the country. I think our weakest spot will be secondary. You're right about Crompton, he is supposed to be awesome! Fulmer's biggest problem will be keeping 3 of the best college QB's in the nation happy and not leaving,LOL.

20. Draygin

Draygin Guest

Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    jim_dandy, LOL, was it worth it? Probably not, I give it a 5 on 1-10, tho Brittany Murphy and a couple of others looked pretty dam good,LOL.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think you were being a bit generous with that rating...most definitely a chick flick...im gonna have to go watch RE2 now, to get my testosterone back up to acceptable levels LOL
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Testosterone is meant to produce children. I have a daughter. Also extensive MA Training. I have fought some killer competition from Japan, Korea, LA, Philly, Hawaii..

My kid destroys videos- she's female- worked for Holywood been ripped off enough. Testosterone aside, I will not shell out another twenty for this piece of shit.....

I have my own issues with chick flicks, it's the point the true pirates are the ones working on this anti copy stuff.

Blahhh.

Rant ended. I know your post was in jest. Hope you get my strange brand of humor.