1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup Does not Work

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by cableguy6, Feb 12, 2008.

1. cableguy6

cableguy6 Member

I have a .MDF backup of an Xbox game with a .MDS included. (If you need to know what game it is tell me) I used PowerISO to extract the files to my computer, after that i transfered them to my Xbox. I ran the game like normal but it just kept itself at the loading screen. I took a look at the files I extracted to my Xbox and it only had levels in the Italian folder, I thought that might be the problem so I copied them to the English folder and it still did not work. I am suspecting that this has to be burned to work witch is no problem but I do not want to waste a DVD-R if I am wrong and it is a problem with the game itself. You should see my dilemma and I would be grateful for all your help.

Thanks,
    CableGuy

2. corn

corn Guest

I believe they will have to be in XISO, however I could be wrong. If you still have the files on ur computer, convert them to XISO with Craxtion, and then burn the XISO to a disk, and use DVD2XBOX to rip the correctly. I believe thats how you do it.

3. cableguy6

cableguy6 Member

Thank you, I think you are right that I need to covert it to XISO and transfer it to the Xbox with DVD2XBOX.

But I have a second problem, I Bought Tony Hawk's Project 8 and it was very scratchy, so I decided to back it up on a DVD-R. It was my first time backing up a Xbox game and I followed various guides to back it up. I tried my first copy with Qwix and after the XISO was created I burned it with Nero then popped it in xbox it read the disc but when it was done loading it said "This Disc Is Dirty or Damaged". I looked up some guides and I thought it was because it was Microsoft Protected so I patched the .XBE with Qwix and remade the XISO Burned it with Nero and it done the same exact disc error.

I am lost and could use some help, Thank you.

4. corn

corn Guest

5. varnull

varnull Guest

mds/mdf pair? if you got these from the "usual sources" they have been done.. You should burn them with alcohol120%

Also use a reasonable dvd-r disk.. I use ritek (ridata silver dvd-r 8x burned at 4x) with 100% success.

Not too sure about cracking the iso with poweriso.. it could be renaming files to comply with joliet conventions.

If you want a program to crack xiso's you need extractXiso http://downloads.xbox360-tribe.org/index.php?act=view&id=440