1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backup DVD movie - general/dvdxcopy question..

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by julian20, Feb 25, 2005.

1. julian20

julian20 Member

Hi,
    I'v been searching for a program that'll backup my dvd easily and remove extra features and so.
    dvdxcopy looks great BUT there's something strange,
    i can select the titles i want and so on (i'm talking about advanced more), but i can't get rid of other audio files.
    the movie has a few audio files - english, dutch ....
    when i play the movie there are really a few versions, one that speaks english, one that speaks dutch... so on.
    i wanna get rid of everthing besides english.
    i guess the other languages take some space (am i right?).
    can i do that in dvdxcopy ? if not - is there any other program that is like dvdxcopy and get rid of other audio files ?
    btw - dvdxcopy does recognise a few audio files, it tells me when i select the track :
    video :1
    audio :3
    subtitle:4

anyone know how much size does the audio file take for an average 100min movie ? how much a subtitle file?

thanks,
    Julian.

2. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

I suggest you use dvd shrink for this. It tells you how much space is required for the various components. Audio tracks vary, roughly, from 20 MB to 400 MB. Subtitle tracks are much smaller, typically just a couple of MB.

The combination of dvd decrypter to copy ("rip") the dvd to the hard drive, and dvd shrink to get rid of unwanted parts, is what most of us around here use.