1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backup dvd-r MPEG1

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rhumcafe, Apr 29, 2004.

1. rhumcafe

rhumcafe Guest

I have a problem playing dvd "the romance of the 3 kingdoms" on standalone player, but computer is ok

check disc info with nero info tool ... that it is region all, NTSC, 4:3, and "MPEG1,720x480" ( that is weird! It should be mpeg2, isnt it?)

Note: i have already used "shrink3.1.7" and burn w/nero and it wont work.

===> thinking of riping *.vob to mpeg1, then convert to mpeg2, etc ... but want to keep all the menu, features :((( to much work

consider i am newbie, any info would help - thanks

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

MPEG1 on a DVD? Does tis disc play in your DVD player?

3. rhumcafe

rhumcafe Guest

as I stated, I have problem with it :) . Not a chance on any standalone dvd player. it can be played on computer.

My point is to make a back up which can be played on dvd player.

Any help?

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

So i take it the Romance of the 3 Kingdoms is not an original then. If its MPEG1 it shouldnt be on a DVD Disc and will need to be covnerted to MPEG2

5. rhumcafe

rhumcafe Guest

yeah, it sounds weird.
    But it looks to me as "original" dvd (white silver bottom-pressed disc-not burning, printed top) but after check info with nero I would think this was made in china! Ah, there's one more thing which showed up on nero: It said "dvd-rom", not usual as dvd video or dvd-r
    I dont know how to convert from *vob(with mpeg1) to mpeg2 and also all the feature, menus ... sounds
    Beside of that, this movie is about 30 dvds :-( moaning ehhhh.
    is there any fast way?