1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup Film To Big For Tv ??

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bubberfat, May 4, 2004.

1. bubberfat

bubberfat Member

Hi
    When I backup I use dvd Decryter/ DVD2one and Nero6 to burn. On some backups not all, when played on my seperate DVD player and widescreen TV the picture is larger than the screen. This is most apparent when subtitles occasionally appear on a film and you can only see the top of them at the bottom of the screen. I useually extract movie only.
    Any help appreciated.. stressed newbie bubber

2. daba

daba Guest

Hi bubberfat,

I don't think the problem comes from the backup. It must be a wrong setting in either your DVD player or your widescreen TV.

Do you experience the same problem when you play the original DVD (not the backup) ?

Daba

3. bubberfat

bubberfat Member

The originals plays with narrow black band top and bottom. This can be expanded via the TV to full screen. When playing a backup I can go through the TV's screen modes only to enlarge even more. The only thing I can think of is DVD2one with its compression but have no idea how to get round it apart from using something different like DVD shrink. The only vauge clue I have is if the movie only is under 4472 it happens?? Any advice on what programs to use if I change method??
    Bub

4. daba

daba Guest

5. brian100

brian100 Guest

I have been all over the web trying to find an "instance" where other's have this problem. I am mystified, completely. I can understand that the problem can arise if your are "re-encoding" but not "transcoding".

I know that you have checked this but i will ask anyway. Are you backing up DVD's that have both "widescreen" & "full screen" on the same disk?

6. mastaprk

mastaprk Regular member

Like [bold]daba[/bold] said, I would try using DVD Shrink and see if that works for you.

7. bubberfat

bubberfat Member

All originals are widescreen only. I found this to be a unique problem as I have searched forums and not even a slight sugestion of it. I also have a portible player and the same happens on this to my seperate player so that rules out my cheep and nasty seperate player!! I am going to try DVD Shrink over the weekend. Looks straight forward, would like some advice on the option Deep Analysis.. is it worth selecting and if yes because of vast higher quality, how much longer does it take??
    Many thanks for helping

Bub

8. mastaprk

mastaprk Regular member

I'm not so sure about the deep analysis and if it really makes an improvement in the quality, but I always do the deep analysis and just let it run (if compression is needed, it takes ~1.5hrs if not, then only 30min). Shrink is very easy to use and will produce great results.

9. bubberfat

bubberfat Member

Many thanks to all. DVD shrink works fine and problem resolved.
    Bub